a time traviling qwest

darlaten1

i whont to make a mod wher you are a knights templar in like 1500ad give or take and you and a small group are fight say like a wizerd or somthing and he telaports you back in time to like 1200 bc and you fight and do stuff to get bach to your time

i would like to make a set of citys inside a small worald acording to the time line your in

if ther are the resorces i would love to make the citys and npc and the wildernes stuff

also if i had pic form a difrent game like midevel2 or some thing is it posable to make stuff simaler to it

i also would wont to make armer clothing and wepons acording to the time line as well

Concept sounds interesting, and the Time Travel idea should be fairly easy to implement - it's just two different worlkdspaces like Oblivion and Shivering Isles. Groups are harder, but you may be able to use one of the Companion mods to build a small party up.

However, you're going to have to put in a fair bit of work to start with.

Firstly, research - find details of the area of the world you want things to happen it, and then research those areas at the times you are thinking of. Find images of the clothing, housing, towns, etc.

Secondly, draw maps. They don't have to be VERY detailed, but they give any potential modders details about how many cities you are thinking of, and thus some idea of how many months work you are expecting them to give you for nothing. Each city should have its own map, laying out things like marketplaces, shops, housing, official structures like jails, palaces, and barracks, ets. Are the cities walled? Maps should also tell you the type of terrain - where you want mountains, type of land (green/sandy/rock), etc.

Thirdly, outline quests, at least pinning down how many npcs are directly involved. Write conversations for them. Think about main characters, and define each one - name, gender, age, looks, social status, clothing, daily routine, etc.

If English isn't your native language, which judging by your post above it may not be, then get a native English speaker to proofread any dialogue you create for the mod - your spelling doesn't do justice to your ideas.

Once you have at least made a start on the stuff above, add information to your post to tempt people to help with the mod. If you require help on a specific item (scripting, or a specific item design, for instance), post requests for those individually rather than buried in your main mod post - that way people will see them. Make the post title relevant - put "Help needed with blue velvet dress mesh" not just "Help".

Good luck.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

are ther places i can go to lern how to do more on this stuff i can take an interer and put if in a werald space like temreal i can decerate an interer and i can add npcs with basic ai package and items into an inter and a little more

i can get pic of the stuff from my brother it may take few days

but i woulent know what to do with thim

i know it take a lot of time

even if i had the interiors it would take a week or two to put them into a world space and decorate thim not to menchen adding npc

which is fine i like doing that.

thanks for the help atlest i know what im geting in to and it make it ezear now that there are some requirements to meet

i don't wont some one to do every thing for me that wouldn't be fare to them or fun for me.

but i will need help

i hope im not bothering any one

Doing the bulk of the work yourself, and asking for help on the individual points as needed, is the best way to do things - that way you are far more likely to get the help you need on the bits you cannot do yourself.

For a mod of this complexity, what you are going to have to teach yourself is "Project Management" - at each stage you have to define as much as possible about the item in question, and break it down into the individual steps.

To take an example - a small desert village.

Define the landscape (flat sand, surrounded by sand dunes. Palm trees, water pool [oasis], rocky outcrop with cave entrance nearby)

Number of residences (5 houses, 3 tents)

Type and size of house (5 x house for two people plus 2 cows and 3 sheep, flat roof, single story, stairs to roof)

Type and size of tents (1 x trader tent - shop sized, 2 x individual sleeping tent)

Layout of village (Road to north, track leading south-east, houses around a central opening used as a market, trader tent in market)

People (already partly defined by residences - 10 in houses, 2 in tents, +trader = 13 npcs. You need to add info such as social class, clothing, and daily AI scripting to start with)

From the example so far, you can already picture the village quite well, and can build on that to define the work needed. You have 5 houses and a tent interior to "clutter", you have house designs and tent designs to find or make, you have 13 npc's to define and script, and animals to define and script. You have an entrance to a cave, which links to another bit of the mod, and you have roads to link it to other places. the trader MAY use the road to come and go, etc.

If you start by defining each location in that level of detail, you will have some idea of the work needed. A modder could produce a village to fit that description by placing houses etc very easily, and that would enable you to build your world rapidly.

If you search using words such as "crusader" in the mods list, you can probably find suitable armor items already defined as resources. Desert-type stuff, try the Elsewyr Anequinae mod. Remember to ask permission for any resource you use, and mention the mod resources in the description file.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

ok i wont to start with the worald space what do i do for that. i only know how to put stuff in temreal or an alredy made worald how do i do one for this magnatud ther will be atlest 3 or4 cytys and some vileges for at lest three time lines i ether wont to start with 1200bc or 15 ad

That's where you start to need someone who mods a lot, to advise you. I'm ok at defining what needs to be done, but I'm not a modder myself.

If you have three different timelines, and want the calenders to work correctly for each time line, then that is a separate issue again. I'm assuming a separate worldspace for each time line would work, but some of the clever modders here may be able to think of an easier way to do the same job.

I believe that Shivering Isles is a separate worldspace, but that may be me misunderstanding how the game works. Edited by MarkInMKUK

this should be a better outline on what i wont to do

i need to make 4 world with there own time line

and each one need a hand ful of city's and villages and other stuff acording to the time period thy represent and each time line will have all new npc for each generation + a time traveling quest so the player will be traviling through time

im hopeing to at lest be able to do the world spaces at lest and hopefully the npc as well