oblivion VS window 7

ivyislost

I have issues with it on Win 7 myself most of the time the game works but I do often get a lot of CTDs for almost no apparent. FPS is pretty weak too.

This is my current setup

200 GB Hard drive (Used to have 300 but my old hard drive isnt compatible with Win 7)

Intel Pentium D Dual Core 3.0Ghz

Nvidia 9400 GT Granphics Card the card says 1gb but can ypu run it says otherwise :P

4gb of Ram *non matching one is Corsair the other is MSI I think they're both probably 677Mhz DDr 2 lame i know

When i was running xp I had....

300gb of HDD space

Intep Pentium 4 HT Single Core 4.0 Ghz Processor

Same amount of ram

Nvidia GeFore GTS 250 Graphics Card (1gb of VRAM

I should note I used the same mobo an Intel 946 pl/gz

FOr the most part the game on my current setup is laggy, unstable, and yes of course I use mods (can supply list if needed) even with Streamline and Stagger removal (it actually worked alright until I started throwing mods at it, OOO, DR, Artifacts probably have the most effect)

I don't understand how this is sure my graphics card was a downgrade but I thought the processor upgrade would bring more to it. In preparation for Skyrim I plan on getting a new GC and sloly working my way into a new rig alltogethr, obviously Im leagues behind. :P

Installation has never been an issue, id say I run the game at medium high setting for the most part.

The first loss is in your system spec - diwngrade of clock speed. Oblivion is pretty much only a single core product, so you are now using effectively only 3/4 of the processing power you did before.

Also try the 3GB memory patch for Oblivion - some people swear by it - other swear at it!

The usual suggestions also apply - defrag, antivirus "on access" scan, etc.

And Windows 7 CAN run the old hard drive, just hang it on as a slave - using an expansion card if you don't have the right kind of bus on the motherboard.

Oh, and if you have an IDE ribbon with your hard drive and a DVD drive on the same cable, time to add another ide cable and separate them, or replace one or the other with Serial ATA - an IDE cable runs both devices at the slowest device speed.