Need opinion on what mods I should use

jmiller634

I am interested in finding good mods that make the people, both female AND male, more attractive and better looking. I am not interested in the the popular "over hormoned" models for the females with their ridiculous breast. I really want a lore friendly mod that will replace the generic bad looking in-game npc's with beautiful people. Any help/advise would be most appreciated. I don't even care much about what my character looks like cause I play mainly 1st person anyway, I'm really just concerned with the npc's.

Roberts Male and Female is what I use. Very realistic. You can find them here on TESNexus, although you may have to disable the adult content filter to see them.

Maboroshi Daikon's Natural Faces is a good one, or IFT if you prefer. Check them both out before you decide.

I suggest HGEC body mod. There are multiple options as to how the body can look without being completely ridiculous. It is also good because most custom armor/clothing for females is made HGEC style. Not much for robert's females anymore to be honest. But as was said before,Robert's female body is very natural looking and "lore friendly" (more like real life friendly but oh well ;) ) Edited by kingtitan

If you prefer females with a "long distance runner" look, try Biu's Adventuress' Body (BAB). Very suitable for an endurance-based girl who runs around the whole of Cyrodiil. Again, not a massive support in the way of extra outfits though, but there is a full set of stoick armour I believe, and there is still a small group of active modders.

Two to avoid if you are after even vaguely natural bodies are UFF and DMRA - they would involve enough silicone to keep Dow Corning in business for years!

Edited by MarkInMKUK

<snip>

Two to avoid if you are after even vaguely natural bodies are UFF and DMRA - they would involve enough silicone to keep Dow Corning in business for years!

:laugh:

That made me chuckle. You get a Kudos for that.

Relating to the topic at hand; As Auriana mentioned above, Robert's Male and Female bodies look like what a "normal" (if you can call someone that runs around killing things, "normal" :P ) would look like; hence, why I use them.

As MarkIn also mentioned above, BAB is also a good choice for that "track-star, always on the move" sort of look.

Thank you so much everyone for advice. I am amazed at the fast, non troll responses. This is the first time I have used the forums on this site and I am grateful for the helpful responses :) I have another question but I believe it belongs in another thread so I will do some searching.

That's a quote to remember...

Anyway, I agree with Robert's. In reality, pretty few people are now muscular or in shape. Back in this kind of time (18th century), people were generically scrawny. All depends if you want realistic, muscular, or hot.

In reality, pretty few people are now muscular or in shape. Back in this kind of time (18th century), people were generically scrawny.

Depends how you define "scrawny". If you have a culture where standard steel swords are common, people generally learn to use them young. That builds some very impressive muscles. Go look at armour from say the 1300-1500s, and comp[are the breadth of the shoulders with the height of the wearer. Also look for the typically noticeably larger right arm due to sword use. If you tried to armwrestle a typical fighter from that period, they'd wipe the floor with you unless you are a professional strongman, and even then I'd bet on him not you.

That's not to say that other social classes were also build like Arnie, though. Poor non fighters were probably, as you suggested, pretty scrawny. But righ merchants tended to be pretty well padded :)

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Its a fantasy game....

I used to do the HGEC H cup thing....dressing them up and so on....but gets boring after a few screenies, and the custom races are worth a look if your going for pretty or hot chars.I like the Desuchan Doll race....worth a look.

Now im back to a slim little Breton she-mage,plundering and murdering her way across the Cyrodil.....lots more fun than messing around with 15 different colours of chainmail peep-hole bra's.

Have fun whatever you do!