Utilities?

jmiller634

Hello all, My question is about utilities. I use OBMM to install my mods and I use the archive Invalidation tool in OBMM as well. I also use Tes4LODGen. Do I need anything else? I have read here and there about load order and stuff should I be concerned with it or am I safe just using OBMM and Tes4LODGen?

The two items you are missing are BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) and Wrye Bash.

BOSS works by downloading a masterlist, and adjusting your load order to match that list. With its help, you have about a 99% chance of having an optimised load order FOR MODS IN THE LIST - it's a pretty big list too. It highlights incompatibilities, stuff known to be very buggy, and sometimes suggests better alternatives. It also works hand in hand with...

WRYE BASH. Killer app for mods. Can be used to merge the data from lots of mods under certain conditions and let them "play nicely", while reducing the number of active mods in your game. It also has a VERY powerful installer, but is rather more complex to use than OBMM. There's a pretty good pictorial guide for the beginner, but some stuff is pretty complex.

Edited by MarkInMKUK