My mod list for an overhauled archer/hunter type playthrough.

ruddy88

Decided to start an entirely new playthrough, all new mods.

First and foremost I am hoping someone can take a quick look over (load order posted below) and suggest any changes to order, or glaring oversights or issues that I may not have seen.
Specifically the Gameplay Changes towards the end of the list (AGO, HiS, NockToTip) and best order of these.

I love bows, and I always liked the idea of living off the land, so have made this to be a hunter/archer style playthrough. It would be very fitting for a wood elf, although I will be using a redguard more for aesthetic reasons than anything.

So, starting with alternate start, and choosing the camping choice as the starter.

The combination of Archery Gameplay Overhaul, Hunting in Skyrim and Nock to Tip will add an entirely new feel to archery. From a dedicated archery perk tree (Nock to tip reworks how smithing works for bows, utilising the archery tree instead of smithing), Much more customiseablility with Nock to Tips crafting as well, much better feel and behaviour with AGO (faster arrows, no auto aim etc). Hunting in Skyrim also ties in, then pairs with the new animals mods and SkyTest to create a much more "living" wilds, animal trapping, skinning etc etc, and all tied in with a new guild questline to get my bearings.

I dont like my game to be frustratingly hard, but I do want the occasional challenge. I have added in Combat Behaviour Improved for its much needed boost to the flow of melee combat, which I will still need to practice. I am considering adding in something like Revenge of the Enemies, I dont want to make the game too difficult in combat, I cant stand tanks, but I would like more intelligent enemies. This is still being decided on. In any case, Deadly Dragons has been added as a must, as a hunter, I will need an ultimate prize and I want it to be a big event.

Moving on.

Frostfall and camping have been added, mostly because Id never used them before, and they seem to fit this semi-survivalist playthrough. Making my decisions in the wild a lot more important.

I am considering adding iNeed, I had trialled this and I do like the idea of it, but even on lite settings I just find it becomes more of an annoyance than anything, and having "auto eat" on sort of defeats the purposes, just means I have to load up my inventory on more useless junk.

I might re-introduce this to the list and just put up with it, I love it and I hate it at the same time.

All of this is made that much more interesting with the inclusion of CoT, true Storms and Mintys lightning, making storms feel like a much bigger threat as I clammer to get a tent put up in the middle of a blizzard.

Interesting NPCs and imersive patrols have been added to make towns a bit more of a new experience (I still havent really experienced interesting NPCs yet), as well as make the roads a little more travelled and provide some interesting encounters while on the roads.

The texture packs are all just done by preference, as are the standalone armor and weapons, though immersive armor and weapons is a staple on any playthrough.

Falskaar and Wyrmtooth are being added simply because I have never played them before.

Holy crap, Sounds of Skyrim adds a whole new dynamic to the game. Tested this out recently and while roaming the woods I can no longer completely rely on sounds as dead giveaways for attacks. I hear animal calls all the time, rightly so, and every time I do i always have a moment of alertness, unsheathing my bow and scouting my surroundings. Its great that this so often amounts to nothing and is simply an ambient noise, on those odd occasions it is a real threat it feels that much more dangerous...

Although not in the beginning list, I am thinking of adding an alchemy overhaul of sorts, its not something I typically indulge in but I think a basic knowledge of floral medicines would come in handy when camping out in the woods.

No followers yet, I plan on flying solo for some time. I may look at adding a suitable companion, perhaps even an alchemist companion to fill that gap, but will first experience the lands solo.

Let me know what you think of this list, and if you have any suggestions (stable, script light options only at this stage) or alternatives. Aswell as any glaring oversights in my load order.

Install and Load order as follows:
---Non-NMM---
SKSE w/ Memory patch
ENBoost + ENB v0279
---VANILLA COMPONENTS---
Skyrim.esm
DLC x3
HighRes Texture Pack (official)
Unnofficial high res patch
USLEP
---BASE INSTALL---
Skyrim Project Optimisation
SkyUI
Enhanced Camera
---VISUALS---
Ruins Clutter Improved
Ultimate HD Fire
Skyrim Distance Overhaul
SMIM
Skyrim HD
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (Overwrite)
Immersive Fallen Trees
Fences of Skyrim
HD IVY
Ivy Replacement
Natural Grass Texture
Realistic Water Two
Waves 1.0 (Transparent Wave spray for RW2)
PW Landscape Textures (Part of Pure Waters, replace textures).
Dust Effects
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Skyrim Particle Patch
Skyrim SubSurface Scattering Patch
Realistic Sun and Sunglare - CoT edition
---ENVIRONMENT & WEATHER---
Campfire
Frostfall - (install early)
Frostfall SkyUI Addon
CoT V3.1
COT Dawnguard and dragonborn patch
Supreme Storms for CoT
CoT Weather Patch
True Storms
True Storms CoT Patch
Mintys Lightning
Mintys CoT3_1 Lightning Patch
---NEW LANDS---
Falskaar
Wyrmstooth
Woodsmans Shack
Perseids Inns and Taverns - Basic (changes price of rental rooms only).
---SOUNDS---
Sounds of Skyrim 1, 2, 3
Check Compatibility Patches (Have to be extracted and installed manually)
---TEXTURE REPLACERS - NON LANDSCAPE---
Better Blood
High Quality Food
AmidianBorn Book of Silence (Armors and weapons etc) (check skyforge textures install correct)
Rugnarok
Book Covers
BellyAches Animal & Creatures
Bellyaches HD Dragon replacer.
Improved NPC Clothing
Improved NPC Clothing Expansion
Real Bows
Leanwolfs Better Shaped Weapons
---BODY AND ANIMS---
Racemenu
Racemenu Pre-Cache Killer
Cover Khajits M & F
Forgotten Argonian Roots
KS Hairdos
SG Hair
DIMONIZED UNP Body
UNPB Body NMM Installer - TBBP
Fitness Body Pre-Blended
AllInOne Face
AllInOne Face - Dawnguard
Mature Skin Texture (body and face UNP only)
SkySight Males
The Eyes Of beauty - Replacer version
HD Teeth
HD Normals
Beards & Brows
NMUBS
Realistic Ragdolls
XP32 Max - install "Groovtama's XPMS Extended" and use default settings
FNIS & Spells
Vampire Lord Armoured
Bijin Wives
Bijin Warmaidens
---NEW CREATURES AND NPCS---
Birds of Skyrim
Improved fish (Change master to USLEP)
Dogs of Skyrim
Deadly Dragons
Interesting NPCs
Interesting NPCs Alternate Locations
Interesting NPCs - Meshes for vampires
Immersive Patrols (Optional, confirm stability first)
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
---AI CHANGES---
Immersive Citizens
SkyTEST
---WEAPONS AND ARMORS---
UNP Female Armors
UNP Boot Pack
Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
Wearable Lanterns
Bandaliers Bags and Pouches
JaySuS Swords
Winter is Coming
Unique Bows Collection
Unique Uniques
UNP Rogue HD
Northgirl Armor
Prince and Pauper + Patches
Belt Fastened Quivers
Travel Attire
---GAMEPLAY CHANGES---
Combat Behaviour Improved
Hunting in Skyrim (May have to use no perks version or make a Patch yourself)
Archery Gameplay Overhaul
Nock to Tip - Should overwrite bash animation of AGO.
---LATE MODS---
Alternate Start
Dynavision
---PATCHES---
Nock to tip Patches:
Immersive Weapons
Unique Bows Collection
True Storms, CoT and Mintys patches.
SoS patches for CoT.
Check for more
BASHED PATCH for levelled lists.

Looks like a solid list. COT is very script heavy. If you start to have lag look into replacing it with Pure Weather or Vivid Weather Systems, which are much lighter. Looks like you are still using the vanilla perks. If you want a little perk system, check out SPERG. That is what I am using. It is very lite weight compared to SkyRe or Requiem. There is no extra patching involved.

To help with your immersion, look into Immersive Hud. For a smaller mouse cursor, which is nice, and thinner compass; look for Smaller Cursor and A Thinner Compass.

Check out moreHud and Active Hud too.

Also, for more immersion, Jaxon Real Names. It names all the NPCs in the game and People are Strangers. Every NPC, except popular ones, will be a stranger to you until you talk to them. Then Real Names will give them a name.

This is just me, but I prefer Pure Waters to Realistic Water 2.

What ENB are you using? I am using Phinix, which recommends COT. It is nice. Very natural looking, no over saturation. If you want a gloom darker game, I highly recommend Bleak ENB.

Nice list! I am currently going for hunter as well, I would recommend iNeed, but in the MCM , tweak the hunger/thirst so you only need food/water once a day, also set your timescale to 15 or 10 (20=vanilla) with iNeed. This makes time more realistic.