A mod that finally fixes the character pool

Burgerkrieg

While cool, the character pool as been so poorly implemented it begs for used tissues in the NYC Port Authority. With the latest patch they finally added some customization options regarding the way soldiers spawn, but the most fundamental problem still prevails: Not only do soldiers still pass by the "Random Props" bin when they walk from the character pool into the game, they also still get a personality change and switch carreers. According to the patch notes, the earlier two of these things have been fixed, but that is just not true, and the random classes thing appears to be there on purpose if you recruit them as rookies. I can't be the only one who finds it irritating their ex-Colombian cartel sniper girl suddenly becomes a heavy-ass grenadier because the game decided to send her on Operation Gatecrasher and she dared to do well, but it would appear so considering no mods aiming to fix this exist.

What I want is a mod that:

- Makes sure characters are imported properly from the character pool regarding appearance and attitude

- Makes sure characters get promoted to their proper class set in the character pool (because why the f*** else would that option be available during customization?)

- Maybe makes sure characters are properly saved to the character pool in the first place (I've found my game is prone to forgetting soldier patterns and generally loves to randomize armour)

So yeah, I cannot believe this doesn't exist yet when we have awesome s*** like proper cool helmets and a worthwhile loot system. Unless I am completely disconnected from reality, I presume this will be a very popular mod, because it fixes things that should never have been broken in the first place.

+1000

In all honesty I've given up on the character pool for the time being, although I have around 30 soldiers in there currently, I now don't expect the pool import to work right. I just use the "MakeSoldierAClass" console command as soon as I reach the Avenger, if it screwed up my classes.

Absolutely!

But while any genius coder could formally give all of this a true attempt ( We can all dream, right?? ) -- i'd like to add TWO more important issues to such a potential task;

1) Give it a full-blown parser like this concept mockup posted weeks ago... http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3799935-parsing-feature-for-the-character-pool-sub-menus/

2) For plenty good ""Gameplay + Storyline"" rational reasons, i'd still prefer to have two new VIP categories; Engineers & Scientists.

Let's hope someone at Firaxis is well aware of these facts also -- cuz, i suspect even an official solution would be worthy of solid considerations. Heck -- i'd even call it the real DLC magic that their upcoming Shen's Legacy could just add too.

Edited by Zyxpsilon