Things from Morrowind that should've been in Oblivion

BlackBaron2

I have got back into Morrowind recently because it's awesome, and now I want to talk about things I miss in Oblivion.

1. Talking creatures. You could feasibly make a creature in Morrowind talk and act as a merchant (see: Creeper and the Mudcrab merchant, and the Alchemy Shop mod made by Spirited Treasure).

2. Separate bodies for races were entirely possible (just difficult and not supported by the majority of clothes mods).

3. Argonians and Khajiit do not sound exactly the same.

4. Nords and Orcs do not sound exactly the same.

5. Bonewalkers. There is no denying the awesomeness of these twisted abominations.

I have got back into Morrowind recently because it's awesome, and now I want to talk about things I miss in Oblivion.

2. Separate bodies for races were entirely possible (just difficult and not supported by the majority of clothes mods).

#2 is on its way - Razorpony, DrakeTheDragon and others are producing an alpha test for the Khajiit race (WITH) "proper" feet, which should allow any body mod to be used for that race. Drake has already managed a mod for Argonians (again, WITH 'proper' feet) - see his Argonian Beautification and Scripted Argonian Feet mods, and there should be no good reason why this cannot be expanded to the other races. You will, of course, need the correct clothing replacer for each race, but that just takes time and disc space (plus converting non-stock items if not alrerady done)

I miss uncapped stats. I enjoyed playing 'Mad Alchemist' in my lab, making super uber intelligence potions, fortifying my alchemy skill, then brewing strength and health potions that would make me a God for a few minutes. Those got me through some hairy fights. I suppose some people saw it as an exploit but I preferred to look at it from a roleplaying perspective of a character pushing the boundaries of alchemy and entering a sort of 'forbidden' zone where few had tread before.

I miss the feeling of being an outcast on a sparsely populated wild rugged island. A low level character would be insane to try and walk from Balmora to Vos, yet a casual stroll from Anvil to Cheydinhal by a level one character is entirely possible.

I miss the conflicts inherent in trying to be master of every single guild. I like the fact that being of high rank in one faction makes you despised in another.

RP

I miss the conflicts inherent in trying to be master of every single guild. I like the fact that being of high rank in one faction makes you despised in another.

^ this. The conflicts between various guilds made playing Morrowind much more interesting as you had to take politics into consideration.

Also,

Fargoth

^ this. The conflicts between various guilds made playing Morrowind much more interesting as you had to take politics into consideration.

Also,

Fargoth

Tarhiel! :D

Gotta love a flying Bosmer. ;)