change npc clothing

gomola

It depends. Do you just want any given NPC to wear clothing other than companions. Settlers have the same interface as companions, you just press T.
It is sometimes possible to pickpocket clothing onto people. I haven't tried this with fallout 4 but it was possible in 3/new vegas.

Or, do you want a whole group of people to be dressed a certain way? Do you want every raider to wear the red dress for example? Well that could be done through fallout4edit by making that item the only clothing in their level lists under "leveled item". I can be more specific if you tell me what you want to do.
Or do you want a specific NPC to wear clothing? For example making trashcan carla wear the bear costume? In that you find the NPC entry and change the clothing item, I can tell you exactly how to do that.

• 4 years later...

I know this is old. But what if you wanted to make one of the factions wear mods armors?

Like I wanna add imperial guard armor to the level list of the BOS or Minutemen maybe, how would you go about doing that? Same with the Space Marine power armor.