[Mod Suggestions] A few practical ideas

AEon2001

Some other ideas... mostly about consistency when setting things up in the interface...

19. It would be nice if the map (M-key) between calls would remember the zoom state and last location on the map. It helps to have the map reset in some cases, e.g. centring on the location of the player, but when e.g. you zoom in in the city trying to find the exact house the quest marker is pointing too, then returning to the game, and then rechecking the map. It is slightly unfortunate if you have to zoom in again.

20. This is one small point in the probably very much larger overhaul of the inventory etc. interface. The quicksort in the e.g. weapon inventory is usually fine. But I have noted quite a few situations where I would have liked to have kept the inventory items to stay locked to where I manually placed them... this e.g. would help to sort weapons you want to use once they level unlock in a specific place. Such item placement is lost with a quicksort.

• A feature to lock items in their current inventory slot position would be nice.
  • When buying items from a shop, I would expect any new buys to be placed at the end of the inventory slot list. But I have seen items getting sorted into somewhere further up even if there where no "holes" in the inventory. So always place new items to the bottom of Geralt's inventory, unless they actually stack of course. On the shop side I also noted strange behaviour when selling items, e.g. swords to a blacksmith. The sold items get resorted into the existing list, not added to the bottom. This makes an accidental sell and buyback needlessly difficult.

21. I am still wondering how best to protect the present sorting/placement of items in the inventory from the "insertion of new items" especially from just picked up loot. A solution might be to add an inventory separation line, any slots above that line will be left as they are, and any new items get "dumped" below that line. This way it would not mess into your personalized inventory area above, and anything new you pick up will be clearly placed below.

22. I have to admit to using the 9K carry weight mod, so that I carry about 800kg of stuff around most of the time. But I felt at times that a few more inventory tabs would be nice to keep the things I collect separated. New tab category suggestions:

• Only place weapons in the weapons tab (swords, axes. crossbows, arrows, etc. - with weapon repair kits too maybe).
  • Introduce a new armour / clothing tab and move them out of the present weapons tab (and armour repair kits).
  • I am not quite sure about the trophies... maybe also put them under the runes tab below.
  • Separate tab for runes / glyphs...
  • Move the food out of the potions/decoctions/bombs tab to a food tab. Might want to move the bombs under weapons tab.
  • Put all mutagens into a separate tab: mutagens tab... they totally clutter the crafting tab IMO since they do not stack, especially the way they are sorted.

23. Crafting tab, quick sort by type... fix sorting of plants, i.e group all the plants together, and sort them by name.

24. Books tab, quick sort by type... fix sorting of books / letters etc.: group books, letters, maps etc. together. An alphabetical sorting would also help.

25. As seen in SkyUI mod (for Skyrim), I sometimes really would like to have an interactive search to quickly look up what the named item I just picked up actually is, i.e. a strange book, ingredient or whatever? Or quickly search for Witcher gear. This features has the potential to be very powerful.

26. If you, like me, prefer to explore the world at your leisure before going into the main quests, you may have noticed that at any time some quest must be marked as tracked. This ends up showing dotted lines to that marked quest in the mini-map... even if you at that time just want to explore. A feature to let the player have no quest selected as active quest option (Space-key to unmark active quest) would be nice.

Again, just some ideas... I am aware some of these ideas would take massive amounts of programming work to do. Mentioning them as a potential for inspiration.

26- A simple solution that I use: Switch Tracked Quest to: Collect all Gwint Cards. That eliminates any tracking paths on the mini map, I use this method for my exploration mode.

26- A simple solution that I use: Switch Tracked Quest to: Collect all Gwint Cards. That eliminates any tracking paths on the mini map, I use this method for my exploration mode.

Ah... good tip. Will be using that once I reach Skellige...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to add a suggestion for the new expansion Blood and wine.

We need a paintings vendor where we can buy some cool paintings and wall decor to hang at the new Corvo Bianco estate.

Im a but frustrated that i have these free wall placements with nothing to hang on them.

If anyone knows how to do this,pls do it,its needed like desperately.

TY in advance :D

I'm gonna start by saying if this is already a mod then awesome and sorry.

But an amazing mod for me would be the ability to show extra custom markers on the minmap. Not tracking or the dotted line crap but just the arrow marker around the border.

Now with that it would be nice if you could have a few markers, adjust there color of the marks, and adjust the scale of the markers around the minmap. If this is impossible then damn that sucks but if it is possible it would be amazing.

• 6 years later...

Some more thoughts:

13. Playing "The Witcher 3" for a while you amass quite a few trophies. Alas only one can be used at any time, but it might be nifty if the game recognized the enemy you are fighting to automatically equip the trophy that yields the most XP. I have collected three so far: one for "humans and non-humans" (x2) and one for "beasts" (x1). Either yield +5% in XP. This is a bit far out... but manually having to swap the trophies around, usually forgetting to do so, felt a bit clunky.

14. Witcher Sense does not only prohibit sprinting, but faster boat travel and faster swimming when used. Personally I'd want to be able to travel as fast as when not using Witcher Sense for those two cases as well.

has this been added yet cause if not i have an added suggestioon. a filter adding ability in crafting and inventory menus. adding to ability to search for crafting/alchemy. so say i was trying to craft __Wolven__ witcher gear. being able to search that would be fantastic. ive been playing witcher for a couple years never modded but i get annoyed as hell with the crafting menu. if there was a filter search function "witcher gear" or "wolven" or "ursine" it would be extremely helpful for a player like me who picks up every bleeding thing including useless crafting diagrams... swords that do half damage to what im using.. etc..