ive made it over a week!

TheCalliton

hey, as you guys know, ive been dealing with emotional crap and cutting

I just wanted to proudly announce that I have not cut in about 8 days! (lost count)

I just feel so proud to have finally gotten over it. I feel great, and I hope to be a contributing member to the nexus again!

thanks for the help, those who helped

skin cutting... my legs dont look too pristine anymore

but hey, 8 days now! I feel better than ever, and life is looking ok now! I do still have times when i feel like an oblivion mudcrab... pointless, but hey! I am ok!

RAAAAA!H :psyduck:

It is a very great accomplishment, don't belittle it at all :happy: . I am normally a bit down, and some days are worse than others, but those days when you are feeling great and ready to take on the world are amazing. I suppose to deal with things some time ago I took up the habit of chewing on my fingers. It is called Dermatophagia (wolf-biter) didn't even know it was an OCD disorder until I decided to see if anyone else did this (oddly enough I also have problems with light switches facing up while the lights are off, but that is a whole different story). Anyways, I am just sharing this because I realized when you said "I do still have times when i feel like an oblivion mudcrab... pointless, but hey! I am ok!" the word pointless really stood out to me. I know that feeling of embarrassment, and for me I dread having to give handshakes (I keep my finger tips hidden in my pockets or behind me). Don't worry about it, the important part is you have got over it and are feeling great. Nobody can take that away from you :happy:. I am going to give you kudos as a way of saying congratulations and making me feel like trying to give up my coping method. Edited by tttttt

Excellent news! I knew you could do it! Just make sure you are planning ahead with alternate ways of coping should those old feelings come back again. That is not uncommon. In the world of mental health treatment, I teach my students you can't take away a coping mechanism, without giving one in return, hopefully a more healthy, positive one.

Great job tho Calliton! You keep it up! We're very proud of you :thumbsup:

Man a man Calliton I disappear for a while things just go to pieces :P

Good on ya though dude!

Some words of wisdom from a man whos been there done that, never put your faith in someone else to pull you through. Put your faith in yourself. Only your legs will carry you to end brother.

Youd be suprised what you can do when all you got is yourself :D