Help cleaning up Boston Public Library

EmissaryOfWind

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cleaned up already, too much even since I deleted a wall and I don't know how to get it back, going down the list it doesn't look like I deleted anything I shouldn't have, but they are deleted nonetheless :P Looking at the esp you linked, it looks like they replaced the references with a null reference rather than disable them like I did, but the result is pretty much the same.

It would be weird, since I tried to only disable furniture, trash, enemies and the like, not anything prefixed with Bld or architecture-related. Then again it's a very long list of objects and I may have overlooked something. Is there any way I can place them back in?

If you find ones that don't belong (like that missing wall reference), you can just delete them from your esp file, then they'll behave how they should in the vanilla game.

EDIT: Have it sort them by Name. It'll make it easier to find the BldBlahBlah ones that snuck in.

Edited by Kikaimegami

Okay so I couldn't find them that way, looked at another thing and fixed some other stuff I messed up, still no sign of my wall. Also I just realized I wanted to leave the magazine so people can still get it but it's in one of the machines I deleted so f*#@ it I guess. I'm kind of at my wit's end here to be honest.

The machines you can get back the same way, just delete the references from your mod.

This is the issue I've still got with xEdit. Work on something for three hours only to toss the esp in the recycle bin in frustration. Give it another try later and get a fully working version done in half an hour due to things I learned during the first try. Just remember that even though it's super frustrating right now, you're not 'wasting time', even if you give up on that esp and start from scratch. You're still learning stuff as you go and getting practice using the program. It's just annoying while you're doing it :P

Though what you're working on is way easier with the GECK (since you can just load the cell in the render window and select the crap that way), so it could be worth waiting for that if you get tired of beating your face against it.

Yeah but I don't want the machines to be there, which is why I deleted them in the first place :P I'll just put it in the workbench when I make it into a settlement.

And you might be right about the CK but I can feel I'm close to solving this and I don't want to "give up" now if you get what I mean. I'll just try again tomorrow, hopefully with a fresh look I'll find the solution. And if you want to help, I can also send you the esp so you can take a look!

Ohhhh, okay. I see what you mean. Honestly, you could just set it on the workbench, so when people run up to it for the first time, they can't miss it. Just go in there in game and drop that magazine, or any magazine really, then use console commands to position it on the workbench how you'll want it in the mod. Then you can just screenshot the positioning and enter it in fo4edit. (I can give you a list of commands to use if you need).

Also, I totally get what you mean. Taking a break also lets you get calmed down, because I know that can be an issue for me sometimes :ermm:

Yeah, go ahead and toss me that esp and I can have a peek.