Help cleaning up Boston Public Library

EmissaryOfWind

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can give you the instructions now, then I'll look at the esp when I get back (got some business out of town this morning) to see if I can figure out wtf.

Hopefully I type this all correctly because I wont be checking it for accuracy for a while :ermm:

After you drop the object, open the console and click on it. It'll show its temporary FormID at the top of the screen.

Commands to use:

prid <FORMID>			Selects object that has the FormID <FORMID>. 
				Write down your object's FormID (or after selecting it the first time,
				you can then type this command for the FormID listed at the top, 
				so it'll be in your command history when you up-arrow), 
				so you can get back to it if you accidentally click away from it and have no idea where it went.

moveto player			Relocates the object to your current position (at a jaunty angle). 
				Use this if you lose the object by typing in some weird positioning. 
				You'll need to use setangle from below to fix the tilt. 
				Just enter 0's for the degrees on each axis.

getpos <AXIS>			Reports the position along the <AXIS> axis, where <AXIS> is "X", "Y", or "Z"
getangle <AXIS>			Same as above, but reports the rotation instead.
setpos <AXIS> <DECIMAL>		Sets the position as <DECIMAL> along the <AXIS> axis.
setangle <AXIS> <DEGREES>	Sets the rotation along <AXIS> to <DEGREES>.
modpos <AXIS> <DECIMAL>		Modifies the position along <AXIS> by <DECIMAL>.
modangle <AXIS> <DEGREES>	Modifies the rotation along <AXIS> by <DEGREES>.

(EDIT: That format coloring is very festive!)

The easiest way to position it how you want is using modpos. For example, "modpos z 10" will move it up by ten units, and "modpos z -10" will move it down by 10. X and Y move it horizontally. For rotating it, you really just want to use modangle z, so "modangle z 10" rotates it 10 degrees, "modangle z -10" goes negative ten degrees. Changing the rotation along X and Y is how you can tilt it to rest it against something, but this is Havok, so you do that at your own risk. As shown above, you can use decimals to fine-tune the exact positioning. You really don't want to exit out of the console during this process until you've got it fully on/above the surface it'll be sitting on or it'll flop back onto the floor (or do something stupid if it's inside another object :ermm: ).

Once you have it where you want, use getpos and getangle along all three axis, then take a screenshot with all the results to consult. That's what you'll need when entering its position data in fo4edit. Which to do this, you'll want to go to your cell and expand it all the way, then right-click on Temporary and select Add->REFR

In your new placed object record, enter the following:

NAME: The FormID of the magazine. This will be set to Null originally. The easiest way to set this, is go hunt down the magazine in Fallout4.esm and select it, then select its FormID entry in the Record Header and hit Ctrl+C to copy it, then go back to the placed object reference, right-click on that Null entry for NAME and select Edit, then Ctrl+V to paste the ID you just copied.

DATA: Position/Rotation, down at the bottom of the record. This is where you enter all the information you got from getpos and getangle above.

Save and close fo4edit. Now when you load your mod and go into that cell, it should be sitting there waiting for you.

Edited by Kikaimegami

Alright just on initial poke-through I'm seeing a lot of unchanged references you can delete from your esp file. All of the Bld stuff, for instance. Just go through the references list and delete everything that's highlighted with green. You can shift-click large batches of them to delete a bunch all in one go, and ctrl+click then ctlr+shift+click batches while leaving unselected ones in between them.

I'm assuming you're meaning for this to be used after you've already gone through the Library for the first time? Because you've edited a bunch of enable markers and event triggers.

EDIT: Some of these could be responsible for other things going missing. I can't say for certain without examining them all, though.

EDIT2: You've disabled two static collections that could be important.

[REFR:00101ADA] (places DN011StaticCollectionForPortaling02 [sCOL:00101AD9] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BostonPublicLibrary02 "Boston Public Library" [CELL:000EBE93])

[REFR:00101AE1] (places DN011StaticCollectionForPortaling03 [sCOL:00101AE0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BostonPublicLibrary02 "Boston Public Library" [CELL:000EBE93])

EDIT3: Some of those console bits are part of reference groups with each other, which makes me wonder if there aren't more reference groups in this huge pile of stuff. Uuuuuugghhhh...

EDIT4: Oh god, there are. Some more furniture pieces. Haven't seen any walls or anything yet, though.

Edited by Kikaimegami

Yeah, the static collections I've already seen in a few other places, they're just trash not any walls so that's not it. And yeah, it is meant to be installed after clearing the library, I just decided to leave the bobblehead there just in case. I didn't delete those references because I wasn't sure what it would do, so I thought it would be best not to touch it.

And then I realized my current character can't test that because he's never been in there, and I removed all my old saves because they get super whiny at 11+ days total playtime. Time to raid the library so I can actually try out the changes I made :facepalm:

Alright, here's what I've got. In my game all the containers and chained doors are still around, likely because I was just in there, so they're saved in my save game itself as things I've changed. You will probably have to mark them 'Deleted" for this to not happen. There's also an opening into the Void down near the entrance to the subway:

Which looks to have the following debris piles that normally block it:

[REFR:00153591] (places ExtRubble_BricksLrg_Sm_ShortHalf01 [sTAT:0003CFA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BostonPublicLibrary02 "Boston Public Library" [CELL:000EBE93])
[REFR:0023DD58] (places ExtRubble_BricksLrg_Tiny_Short02 [sTAT:0003CF9C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BostonPublicLibrary02 "Boston Public Library" [CELL:000EBE93])
[REFR:0023DD59] (places ExtRubble_BricksLrg_Tiny_Short02 [sTAT:0003CF9C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of BostonPublicLibrary02 "Boston Public Library" [CELL:000EBE93])
I've left those out, since I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle them.
Otherwise, I couldn't find any missing walls or anything.
I took out the chunk that was blocking this psuedo-hallway, just because it seems like a neat little nook to hide something in, but you can fix that if you want (this is at the top of the stairs that lead down to the subway):
Edited by Kikaimegami

Thank you! It looks like the wall issue is coming from my test save, I tried it with a new save and the walls are back so nice. The containers can be deleted using disable so I won't touch them, I'll put back that particular rubble, and I can turn it into a settlement!