Help cleaning up Boston Public Library

EmissaryOfWind

Yeah, I have no clue what's up with the workshop not appearing, since you seem to have it setup correctly. I'd have to look into it more deeply since I've not yet done anything with workshops and there's probably something we're missing to make it function.

EDIT: If you want, I can clear out some more nooks like that other one, since I noticed some more when checking the file you uploaded. I can probably repair the holes in the floor too, where you took out the wood planks, unless you wanted to leave fixing those as something for the player to do.

EDIT2: I'm also super interested in seeing this finished now, too. That atrium in the center is too friggin cool.

Edited by Kikaimegami

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weirdest thing is it used to work and it doesn't anymore, I mean the workshop appeared but it was set as hostile so it prompted you to clear the location which was impossible since I removed enemies. I'm out of town right now, but when I get back I'll try reverting to an older version of the esp. Still, I don't know how to deal with that hostile thing. I think I'll leave the holes, they have a collision marker so you don't fall through, it's really just aesthetics so everyone can deal with it how they want.

Yeah that was what I was talking about a bit earlier, I'll fix it when I get back, hopefully it'll work. Can you activate it and build stuff when you fix it? I need to know because it's not the first time a mod I made doesn't work on my computer, I send it to someone and it works fine on their end, I don't know what's causing it but it makes troubleshooting a bit of a pain.

still say have to clear, but i think its the arena that cause it, when you drop wb in different locations it allow you to open the wb or it say clear arena, not sure where to find that, and or what cause that

work around for that is open console type ( tgm ) close hold v and you can build

This is strangely coincidental I've also been working on a mod to make bostonpubliclibrary a settlement. I disabled a bunch of junk. I managed to get a workbench in there, a mapmarker, and a buildable area that works. I even got the workshopworkbench to share resources with constructed workbenches. I currently cannot, for the life of me successfully get settlers to work with it. As I'm sure you know, settlements are a mess of criss-crossed references pointing every which way.

My advice for getting as far as I did is to try to reverse engineer Vault 98 mod for the important stuff. Honestly between this attempts and my at Easy city downs, Salem, and rooftop terrace I'm looking to cool it for a while on this because it's so incredibly frustrating.

The current thing that is driving me crazy is that originally I wanted to make the mod to partially restore part of the Dn011 quest that involves a terminal that's behind a wall near the bobblehead. I don't know why(maybe because of my dumb antivirus software) my editing the position of that reference appears in the files, but is not actually moving when I make an override in my plugin. I don't get it.