Two simple questions about editing and spawning modded items.

Sonoske

Ok first off i tried to edit one of the weapons in the construction kit to make it come with a enchantment of my choice, i could not get it to work. But now ill ask is there a way to edit one or all of a weapon with an enchantment? I was wanting to make a weapon that never had to be charged. I was going to add Ice dmg per strike and then Soul Tap. So how would i do this? I would think it would be a simple hex edit or somthing. And to add to this is it possible to select the ONLY one in my invetory? The weapon is an already modded model if that matters.

The next thing i wanted to ask is how do i spawn modded items? most of there ids start with ff00000... and they do not work. The main reason i want this is to spawn more arrows and any other item i need more than one of.

You could set the charge to a ridiculously high number, as for spawning i believe you just drag n drop onto a cell or chest.

How would i find the said weapon to set the number extreamly high or make the enchantment, or does it need to be already enchated if so then id need the specific one in my invetory? And as for spawning modded items i am talking about using the console command player.additem 000000000 00

How boring is it to have 5 charges on your weapon? Its realy lame!

You can set your custom enchantment to only use 1 unit of power per use. So if you gave your weapon 65000 units of charge (near the maximum allowed) then you could use the weapon 65,000 times before recharging. You could get 1800 uses from one good gem, or could just use a Varla Stone to fully recharge.

When modding, you should generally use your own custom weapons with their own custom enchantments so you don't change things all over the game world. The name of the enchantment your weapon bears is in the "enchanting" block. You can go view and edit enchantments in the Magic>Enchantment directory in the CS.

To use a console code to get an item from a mod, you need to use Wrye Bash to examine your load order. The first two characters of the console code will be the hexidecimal number indicating position in load order. So the console code would be sort of like this:

Player.AddItem XXYYYYYY 1

Where XX = load order and YYYYYY = last six digits of base ID number.

Do you use Vista\Windows 7?

Can you use mods?

Can you make mods?

Did your mod save properly?

Is your mod activated?

Did you type in the correct console code to get your custom weapon? Or did you accidentally end up with a similar weapon you had not modded?

Did you double check to make sure you successfully added the enchantment so that it shows up in the CS?

Do you need to back up to a recent savegame? Changes often will not show up immediately. Like if you have seen a particular weapon in a particular savegame, it may be stuck with some of its original characteristics.

Do you have the charge capacity and enchantment cost set up right? If it is wrong, the weapon may not appear to be enchanted.

Trial and error i am getting the infinite enchantment mod to work. Its a simple value of 0. I did it by accident with a sword and its 1/1 charge with 1 uses but it never uses up that one but still keeps the effect.

And no none of mine or any other modded weapon or item can be summond via console

Yes i can use mods and i have had no problem with the 15+ i have. I use my own custom order for mods since bash and BOMM piss me off

Though if i encounter any other problems i will make a new game and test it that way.