Skyrim SMIM Deletion not working

MM1001

Okay, so I've really, really screwed something up. So I tried out SMIM (Static Mesh Improvement Mod) and loved it, but it then started causing some missing mesh problems (large red diamond with whtie exclamation point in the center, floating in-game) in the games towns, which were edited by ETaC. So at the time NMM stopped running. Even after a complete reinstall, it wouldn't open. On Processes in Task Manager it would appear very shortly and then disappear. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. This is where I dun goofed. I went into the Data folder in the Skyrim folder and deleted SMIM.bsa and SMIM.esp (or was it .esm?). This did absolutely nothing. When I went back into the game, the mods changes were still there. It acted as if the esp were still in the Data folder. So, I tried checking if it was still in my load order, via LOOT and the Skyrim launcher, but nothing was there. About a week later NMM miraculously decided to work, but SMIM was nowhere to be found, load order and plugin list. Can anyone help me be rid of SMIM for good?

Okay, so I've really, really screwed something up. So I tried out SMIM (Static Mesh Improvement Mod) and loved it, but it then started causing some missing mesh problems (large red diamond with whtie exclamation point in the center, floating in-game) in the games towns, which were edited by ETaC. So at the time NMM stopped running. Even after a complete reinstall, it wouldn't open. On Processes in Task Manager it would appear very shortly and then disappear. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. This is where I dun goofed. I went into the Data folder in the Skyrim folder and deleted SMIM.bsa and SMIM.esp (or was it .esm?). This did absolutely nothing. When I went back into the game, the mods changes were still there. It acted as if the esp were still in the Data folder. So, I tried checking if it was still in my load order, via LOOT and the Skyrim launcher, but nothing was there. About a week later NMM miraculously decided to work, but SMIM was nowhere to be found, load order and plugin list. Can anyone help me be rid of SMIM for good?

Take the SMIM and extract it to a folder, to see the file structure that you need to go and remove those files from your data, and textures and all of the other components in order to totally remove.

Lots of fun....

Okay, so when I searched the Data folder for SMIM (wow, can't believe I didn't think to do that before....) I was greeted by multiple model and textures files from SMIM. I deleted them all, now some of the items and models are missing textures. I'm going to verify integrity of game cache, will post the outcome.

Now I am cleaning the Skyrim, Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfires .esm's with TES5Edit.

This is why I use Mod Organizer that has a virtual install rather than physical

I hear about MO too much lol....... but maybe it's worth a shot...... I have to ask, though, does MO have any sort of feature that would notify me if two mods changed the same file/files and allow me to choose indivdually which files I want changed by either mod?