Why all the filth?

Sludgedog

I have no problem seeing filth in Fallout. I don't really think they'd use water to pour onto their heads instead of pouring it down their parched throats. But bathing is indeed a welcoming sight, just for a little game immersion.

How 'bout adding stats to Charisma for, let's say, 6 game hours, after having a bath so you can do the dance with the Gomorrah girls? Or sleeping with Sarah? Or with Benny? Just asking.

*Big smile*

I gotta love the disparate views on this subject. I was only saying that in a situation where I DO have a choice I will choose clean.

In a town with a good source of clean nonradiated water I will occasionaly clean my bedding, clothes, and self.

I would just love to have that option in the game.

Problem settled anyway, I'm using the clean bedding mod and can now sleep soundly.

• 4 months later...
or it could be practices (hygiene and toilet/bathing) that the Courier re-introduces to the Mojave after extensive travels through scientific research stations. Could even add a perk or two to the possibilities if it becomes popularized. Even if a savage from the beginning, there are a number of locations that would impress upon ones character the value of these practices by the mere immersion in the area if not the persons themselves. Also make it so you would have use for the toilet paper you find in Puce Mooses work. Could be quest related to restoring the bathrooms of the Mojave; a nice tie-in with Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. :thumbsup:

>_> Way too many ideas for mods on here...

People do bathe as seen by not everyone having dirty skin. As for the trash and stuff well...Im not really sure. Most of the time i just pass it was one of 2 things:

The people are too focused on another task to clean up.

Another mix up with having a large department making games.