how to start a mod for oblivion?

XemRoxas

Hello ive neaver moded before but i have heaps of ideas on what kind of mods to make and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what programs i need to have to make a mod like swords or clothing and if you could take me through the basic's of that program(s).

thanks in advance :)

Hello ive neaver moded before but i have heaps of ideas on what kind of mods to make and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what programs i need to have to make a mod like swords or clothing and if you could take me through the basic's of that program(s).

thanks in advance :)

I'm a newbie to modding myself, but here's some programs you'll need, or would be convenient -

Elder Scrolls Construction Set (Essential)

Blender (Essential for making models & textures)

Gimp (For textures)

Nifskope (For viewing .nif files, oblivion meshes)

bsacmd (For extracting oblivion resources from their .bsa archives)

Wrye Bash (Which you'll probably have anyway)

You'll find a LOT of useful tutorials etc Here! It'll take you from newbie to pro in no time.

For tutorials on Blender & Gimp, just go on YouTube :)

Enjoy :)

Edited by DingerDan

A possible alternative to The GIMP is paint.NET, which handles dds files perfectly. There is also a plugin for Photoshop if you are feeling rich.

If you have it. 3dsMAX is useful for animating, but by then you're into professional level tools.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

hey does anyone know how to export somthing out of Blender as a .nif file??

Save as .Obj, open in Nifskope and save as .nif. And vice versa, if you want to edit vanilla objects.