Recoiless rifle

demonocolips

Still using these in some cases today so thought they would be a nice edition because as far as i know the largest caliber weapon weapon in the guns selection was the .50 cal

just looking at a few of the ones today most are rocket based so it would be best to look a little further back closer to ww2 i think the best one to work with would be the M18 maybe bump up the calibre to 60mm and modernize it a little.

most of the other ones weren't man portable though this game wasn't truly meant to be realistic. so if anyone chooses to pick this up it would be nice to make them in a variety of size probably with the M18 knockoff being the smallest.

I don't get it: the title speaks of recoiless rifle, the text is about ammo versions per weapon.

Look amongst the mods: there are quite a few high caliber weapons out there.

For recoil, the higher the caliber the higher the recoil, especially in older weapons, since recoil lowering systems came out a lot later.

If you want to add recoil compensation, do this in GECK?

I believe that the original poster is wanting someone to add these types of weapons such as the M 18 Recoilless Rifle, the M67 recoilless rifle, or the Carl Gustav. Which, due to their design have little to no recoil (much the same as the old M9 'Bazooka', or the modern AT-4 launcher), though the downside is anyone standing behind the shooter is in for a world of hurt, as is the shooter if they try to use it in an enclosed area (a concussive blasts will mess you up. :P)

There are examples of these shoulder fired artillery pieces, the M 18 specifically was used to good effect in the Pacific theater during WWII and they had a low enough recoil to be shoulder fired (see on the M 18 wiki page I linked above) so it wouldn't be totally ridiculous to use them.

yes doofus87 got it right a large calibre weapon that blasts the majority of its gases out the back to remove recoil as apart from the forward momentum of the round. wiki recoilless rifle its all there. just wanted a larger over the shoulder firing weapon in the guns category and figured this was the best way to do so.

Well, mine is using 30x90mm necked ammo in a 30mm/L40 barrel comparable in barrel length and powder charge to the ADEN cannons on British aircraft or the cannon on the Apache helicopter. Those can kill tanks. So none of that .50 wimpiness :P

It's not even the biggest one. There's the Mieze (Kitty) cannon around, which is a frikken Tiger tank's main gun with two handles. And I wonder what happened to that large calibre autocannon from the FO3 days, as that looked the most awesome of them all.

Of course, none of those really address recoil or realism. Mine for example just needs 10 str for max accuracy, or 8 with that perk, justified by the huge recoil, but otherwise the recoil just somehow doesn't take off with your arm as would happen realistically. It's magic :P

But anyway, there is stuff bigger than .50 around if you look around.

Moraelin yes i saw that but its rifle grip not over the shoulder tube style

i've looked through nearly every weapons mod posted none quite fit the bill of the one i want.

just think rocket launcher that fires a projectile that hits the target as fast as a bullet.