Military Leveled Lists

Cyberweasel89

Hi. I'm making a consumable item called "Military Rations". Essentially, it's set to appear in the inventories of NCR soldiers, NCR vendors, and in food containers associated with the NCR. It's actually a pre-war food, so it'll also appear in loot containers related to the Old World military.

Thing is... a lot of the leveled lists are leftover from Fallout 3. I'm not sure which are still in use in the game and which are just legacy duds.

If anyone could suggest which leveled item lists I should add the item to, it'd really save me some confused searching and eye strain from reading the title of each leveled list.

Thanks for the help!

Look through the inventories of the NPC's themselves. You can identify the proper leveled list and if you want you can add your item into the lists right from there. A lot of the NPC's use a Template NPC so if you open their inventory it cannot be edited. The trick here is to use the filter option. .

in Actors/NPC in the filter window type in NCR*Template. This will filter out all the non editable NPC's and only leave the NPC's that are the masters for the various templates. Open them up and what you add or delete from the leveled lists in that inventory will added to or removed to the inventories of all the NPC's that use that template.

To be considered though is that particular leveled list may be used by objects other than NCR NPC's so if you add your item to the lists it may show up in game unexpectedly used by an NPC that is non NCR.

To check what objects use the particular leveled list find the specific list in Items/Leveled Items and right click it. A menu will open and the bottom choice will be "USE INFO" Click that and a mini menu opens that will show you every object that uses that particular leveled list.

For containers in WorldObjects/Containers find one that uses a food leveled lists such as refrigerators and stoves.