~console

XemRoxas

This has nothing to do with either Win7 or 64 bit systems, it has been around since Win98 and was a common problem when nearly everyone had WinXP and 32 bit systems.

For some reason incomprehensible to me, Microsoft Disables the ~ key when there is an infrared receiver (IR) on the computer. :rolleyes:

If you have one of the Windows Media PCs the simple solution is to unplug the infrared receiver (used with the remote control). Laptops and PCs with a built in IR is a little more dificult - for those you will need to go into the system settings and disable the IR.

Best solution, remap the ~ key for the keyboard outside of the game. That makes the remapping work for all programs and not just the game. I know there are several free programs that allow remapping nearly any key. Pick an unused key such as the useless pause/break key that is on most PC keybpards and remap the ~ key to that one. Be sure to get the lower case as well as upper character as I think the actual key scan code for the game is tied to the lower case ` key and not the upper (shifted) ~ key. Here is one key remapping utility program: http://majorgeeks.com/KeyTweak_d4161.html :thumbsup:

Woohoo Ben I did a search on the infared reciever and learned how to disable the software. I hope this does something. *crosses fingers* If not I will find out where the actual hard ware is and unplug it.

Thank you so much for replying!! XOXO

Here's a wiki entry that might help.

You dont need the Mod all you have to do is disable the remote control on your computer. I never realised I had a remote control or wasnt interested in using it anyways. I have Vista its a pain. So here is what I did:

My computer - system properties- device manager- looked at the end of the list for Universial Serial Bus controlers.

I clicked the + sign and saw the eHome infared reciver and right clicked choose Disable.

I went into game hit the console or tid key and it worked perfect!!!

I cant believe it could be that simple

now after x amount of years I can finaly finish this game!