How many

Rayne72

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you are waiting for Skyrim and are not bothering with oblivion anymore

• yes/ i dont have it installed anymore
    • no/ill keep modding and playing
    • Yes/ i do have it installed but tired of it

Of you are waiting for Skyrim then to start modding again for Oblivion?

in my case i had a new computer upgrade and new Hard drive

So i decided rather then redoing oblivion again id just wait for ..Skyrim ....

-snip- I realize my post was veering into trolling a bit there...

Anyway, there's always more to do with Oblivion. There are many awesome mods that have fairly recently been released, and the sheer amount of eye candy (referring to environments, not people here) in modded Oblivion is astounding. Seriously, Oblivion is the first game I've played that routinely makes my jaw drop at the graphics. I've been playing since Oblivion first came out, and I've yet to finish the Main Quest on a single character. I get the feeling that Oblivion is still going to be going at least somewhat strong when Skyrim comes out, like how Starcraft and Warcraft 3 still have thousands of players despite Starcraft 2 "trumping" them (the modding community will shift, though, obviously).

Edited by rinoaff33

So, I'm now offered two choices, continue modding just as usual, knowing what I'm aiming at can be achieved with the toolset I have and how, or stop modding altogether now for 3 years until Skyrim will be modded to a point at which I can take up my projects again, not knowing if it will even be possible ever... hmm, I guess that's not really a question, now is it?

I am probably going to keep on playing and modding Oblivion until I get Skyrim.

There is the possibility that Skyrim will be a flop and Oblivion will still be the most popular and active Elder Scrolls game.

There is the possibility that Skyrim will be at basically the same graphics and technology level as Oblivion. So cutting-edge gamers would be equally happy to play either. The difference between Morrowind and Oblivion is so great that many gamers don't want to go back to Morrowind, but I suspect that the difference between Skyrim and Oblivion might be slight.

So to sum up what I am saying, Oblivion mods will not necessarily be obsolete on 11-11-11. The Oblivion mods made today may see another five years of heavy use.

I picked the middle choice, but am not sure it truly indicates my position... Yes, I am (eagerly) waiting for Skyrim, but no, I'm neither sick of Oblivion nor halting on the mods. I will continue playing and modding until Skyrim (and probably still keep Oblivion around after Skyrim gets installed).

Hopefully, that's what option 2 meant... if not, please enter my custom vote into your records and alert all relevant personel. ;)