Re-doing scripted installers

ddavies10693

So I specifically remember that, in past games (like Skyrim and New Vegas) when you downloaded a mod with a scripted, custom fomod installer, it would show up the first time you downloaded that mod, then if you uninstall and reinstall that same mod (without re-downloading again) the scripted FOMOD installer would come up again, every time, in case you wanted to select different options or whatever.

Now Fallout 4, I can confirm that with EVERY mod i have tried with a scripted FOMOD installer, the pop-up only shows up the first time you install after download and will not show up again unless you completely delete and download the mod again. Is this a new feature in NMM or just a setting? or is mine just set up wrong? I have found no way to fix this within NMM menus itself up to this point, and I'd appreciate a nice tip

Right now in NMM there is two options to uninstall mod: disable it or actually delete. Disabling mod just removes mod files from game directory and when you enabling it again, it put these files back, skipping FOMOD installer phase. Deleting mod completely erases mod files and installing mod pops FOMOD installer as usual. You must delete mod as @EmissaryOfWind said and install it again to show installer.

Edited by miere43

Right now in NMM there is two options to uninstall mod: disable it or actually delete. Disabling mod just removes mod files from game directory and when you enabling it again, it put these files back, skipping FOMOD installer phase. Deleting mod completely erases mod files and installing mod pops FOMOD installer as usual. You must delete mod as @EmissaryOfWind said and install it again to show installer.

Right, but it didn't used to be that way. It used to bring up the fomod installer every time you reinstalled, and I was hoping I could set NMM so it would go back to that way

Right, but it didn't used to be that way. It used to bring up the fomod installer every time you reinstalled, and I was hoping I could set NMM so it would go back to that way

It seems you can't do this in current NMM version, honestly I'd like to do uninstalling mod instead of disabling it by default too.