CTD's and that makes me sad.

ZetaRidley

Okay, here's my problem. Whenever I'm in the wasteland, or when I enter certain areas game crashes and I get a "Fallout has stopped working, windows blah blah." I've done the quadcore fix, messed around with my load order, and I still get a crash every time that I spend 2 minutes out in the wasteland. Thing is that I've played through this game before on another machine that I rebuilt and reused all those parts except motherboard and video card. Here's my Specs:

MSI 880 Motherboard

Phenom II X3

4GB 1600 DDR3

Radeon 5830 not overclocked

1tb WD 5400 RPM Drive

Here's my load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esp

Apocalypse Armory - Optional Historical Names.esp

CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

eyepatches-english.esp

eyepatches-german.esp

Total active plugins: 12

Total plugins: 12

Please help, I've got about 6 hours in my current game and I really want to play this moded, and its awesome except for the crashes.

Okay, here's my problem. Whenever I'm in the wasteland, or when I enter certain areas game crashes and I get a "Fallout has stopped working, windows blah blah." I've done the quadcore fix, messed around with my load order, and I still get a crash every time that I spend 2 minutes out in the wasteland. Thing is that I've played through this game before on another machine that I rebuilt and reused all those parts except motherboard and video card. Here's my Specs:

MSI 880 Motherboard

Phenom II X3

4GB 1600 DDR3

1tb WD 5400 RPM Drive

Here's my load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esp

CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

eyepatches-english.esp

eyepatches-german.esp

Please help, I've got about 6 hours in my current game and I really want to play this moded, and its awesome except for the crashes.

Do both the English and German versions of eyepatches need to be on at the same time? What about the two Apocalypse Armory esps?

Do any of your mods involve extremely high poly count armor or weapons? Is your RAM being overloaded? Does it happen with and without the 4gb patch on?

Have you tried the game without any mods on?

Edited by rinoaff33

MSI 880 Motherboard

Phenom II X3

4GB 1600 DDR3

1tb WD 5400 RPM Drive

Here's my load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esp

CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

eyepatches-english.esp

eyepatches-german.esp

Do both the English and German versions of eyepatches need to be on at the same time? What about the two Apocalypse Armory esps?

Do any of your mods involve extremely high poly count armor or weapons? Is your RAM being overloaded? Does it happen with and without the 4gb patch on?

Have you tried the game without any mods on?

Okay well, I disabled the Apocalypse Armory .esp with the .esm still active in FOM and the game stops crashing. what dies the .esp do anyway? I still have my new modded guns when I start my file up.

( I also have a quad core.) I find that when I play with the threading .ini changes, they don't seem to really work on my set up, and alternatively I dont really want to run my whole system on less cores just for the sake of Fallout3. Lately, I use THG when I play Fallout3. There are other programs but THG is super tiny simple non-intrusive and will force Fallout3 to run on the cores you want it to. Figured I'd mention this just in case it helps.

I think there's still a valid download link for THG here:

http://www.app-stick.com/appDetail.php?appid=taskassign

well I feel retarded. After figuring out that apocalypse armory was making my game crash I looked up the mod and there was a patch for it. After installing it seems like there isn't any problems with my setup anymore, it didn't crash within 5 minutes like it usually does walking in the wastes and didn't crash either when entering a new area.

So, lesson learned, look for patches for your mods.

Edited by ZetaRidley