Strange Texture Problem

corbz

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here or has experienced something similar and point me in the right direction?

I recently reinstalled Oblivion with a few mods and started a fresh game. I've played on & off over the course of 4-5 days for a total of around 6-8 hours with no issues. Then yesterday out of the blue, I load up Oblivion as normal, load my last save game and ran into a strange graphical glitch... It looks like my textures have been filtered with an artistic tool in Photoshop. It's hard to describe at the mo, so I'll just post some screenies:

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

Screen Shot 3

The weird thing is when I first load the game, the textures look fine for about 3 seconds, then the game freezes for about 10 seconds and the textures revert to the above. Gameplay also becomes slightly sluggish and stuttery. This is only occurring when I load any games from the last 2 days. If I load any saves from 3 days and after, the texture problems do not appear. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that my latest saves are somehow corrupted.

I'm not sure why this is occurring now out of the blue as I haven't added any mods during my time playing. I installed all the mods right after a fresh install of Oblivion and was able to play for hours with no problems. Below is a screen shot of the mods I'm running and their order if that helps:

Mod List in OMM

I'm running Windows 7 on a fairly high end machine, but I doubt this has any relevance to the problem. I also tried reinstalling Oblivion and all the mods again, but to no avail. This leads me to believe the save games are corrupted somehow, but I'm hoping that's not the case and someone here knows a fix?

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Looks like you have OBGE shaders enabled, since you're using the support plugin there should be a misc. item in your inventory. Click on it and you should be able to see the menu to enable/disable the shaders.

Looks like you have OBGE shaders enabled, since you're using the support plugin there should be a misc. item in your inventory. Click on it and you should be able to see the menu to enable/disable the shaders.

Ahhhhh thank you champion!

That fixed it right up :thumbsup: