Let's talk companions.

k361

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is obviously Piper, followed by Cait and Curie (no particular order, this is my main trio, also they great romance candidates). Piper instantly became my favorite because of her design, character and personality. Cait, i like her attitude and character and it only got better after her quest, her lockpicking skill always makes her very useful to have around, and she is Irish and i just like the accent. Curie is just really cute and she gives Stimpaks so that is always welcome, and she also has a French accent which is cool.

My secondary trio of favorite companions is Dogmeat, Codsworth and Nick Valentine. Dogmeat is a dog and i like dogs. Codsworth is the only one left from the Sole Survivor's family, Codsworth is just a great buddy butler. Nick Valentine's overall character and attitude is one that i like, and he can hack terminals and that skill always makes him useful to have around.

I really think this time the companion characters are great, they are more interesting and more memorable. In Fallout 3 the only companion i can remember is Fawkes.

Edited by QuestionableDragon

Judging them on personality only and from an older male perspective:

Piper - Sweet, good-natured, responsible. Marriage material.

Cait - Fun but selfish. Great to hit the bar with, but you wouldn't want to live with her unless you like being brow-beaten. Best friend material.

Curie - Adorable but unrealistically naive, even within the context of the game, as she never adapts to the modern world. Best friend material.

Nick - Thoughtful, reliable, got my back. Best man material.

Dogmeat - I'm a dog person, nuff said.

The other characters don't do it for me. Replace Deacon with Zeke or Rowdy, replace Strong with Virgil, replace Preston with a broom, and I'd be more inclined to open my Fallout clique... :)

I usually change companions as I go through the game. The one companion I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the one I'm currently travelling with...Longfellow. I think that I'm just enjoying new comments that I haven't heard yet (Pipers repetition of comments annoys the crap out of me). I installed a mod yesterday for working showers at Sanctuary and once I built one, Longfellow mumbled something about not being able to remember if he had taken this weeks bath or not. I really hope there is another new companion with the Nuka-Cola park DLC.

Best companion...Cait. Gorgeous, funny and a great fighter. When I first paired up with her I didn't take her seriously and just put her in a sequin dress. Then we went to Dunwich Borers and she was slaughtering Raiders while I just stood open mouthed.

Worst companion....Deacon. Didn't have a single redeeming quality and, bearing in mind I teamed up with him after the main quest, kept giving me fatherly advice about how good a fighter I could be if I copied him. In a firefight I would often find him chilling outside and then I suffered the "conversation cut short" bug which meant I couldn't get rid of him !

Longfellow... surprisingly good in a fight.. Always play on very hard (refusing to play the abomination they call survival) His story sounds cool.. although its kinda sad.. Yeah.. ill take him along going into far harbor.. although i wont be playing that dlc very much... for obvious reasons.

Piper: Goody two shoes that gets killed at the first corner. (i play with WAR in the commonwealth mod...) i need a tougher chick.

Cait: Cool chick that acts tough.. but is in fact a bit of a drama queen.. don't wanna know where she has been.

Cury: talks too much.. no real back-story.. does good in the garden.. not on the battlefield.

Deacon.. funny.. makes me laugh.. but worthless on a fight, and his team are disillusioned losers...

Mcready: took him for a hour or so... but never really tried that one... he sounded boring to me..

Never took any of the others... and super mutants i shoot.. i do not become friends with the enemy. Besides... i usually play a literal lone survivor.

No one to watch out for, no one to nag you, no one to judge you every move.. who are they anyway to judge me ?..... no one to shoot if they get in your way again...

I am a loner, and i like it that way. like it says below.... "My empty soul knows nothing but vengeance...."

• 2 weeks later...

Got a weird thing going on with Cait. She is my primary companion and I also have Curie and Piper along for the ride. Just for a change I decided to take Preston along as well , and naturally Cait shouted about "that do gooder!" but to my surprise she keeps her distance all the time now while Curie and Piper are in my face as usual. If I ask her to pick a lock she won't do it (even though she offers to).

Anyone else had this happen ?

Got a weird thing going on with Cait. She is my primary companion and I also have Curie and Piper along for the ride. Just for a change I decided to take Preston along as well , and naturally Cait shouted about "that do gooder!" but to my surprise she keeps her distance all the time now while Curie and Piper are in my face as usual. If I ask her to pick a lock she won't do it (even though she offers to).

If you have more then 1 companion, you prolly use a mod to make that possible. I'd look there for any probs... or ask the creator of that mod.

If you have more then 1 companion, you prolly use a mod to make that possible. I'd look there for any probs... or ask the creator of that mod.

There was no clash before I added Preston. I can only assume it is something to do with Preston being the first available companion? I don't like dumping companions but he will have to go I guess.