Let's talk companions.

k361

I never bother with companions. Some parts i take Nick, and some Piper, but mostly because otherwise i have to take the dumb mud. And anything but the mud.. i already hated him in FO3.. so...

Nick isn't bad though. i just like to play a stealthy sniper, and there is just no room for companions in that. I don't need that affinity crap either.. ill do what i do.. final. weather you like it or not... end of discussion. I like to totally wipe out the children of Atom... I hate those morons.. childhood trauma i guess.. I take it strong would agree.. but i cant be stealthy with a huge super mutant on tow. There is something very satisfying about blowing them Atom zealots to bits.. I roasted marsh mellows on the fire.. Say hi to Atom for me.. lol. and then killing each and every one of them that's left, is the cherry on the cake. And with the war of the commonwealth mod, set on "no remorse" setting.. there are plenty to kill.

Nah.. companions just don't fit in that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cait was the one that doesn't get YOU detected, but there's a mod that gives that hidden perks to all vanilla companions. Been playing with it so long that I don't even remember which one was the vanilla one that had it.

That said, you can always give them:

- stealth perks with the console

- stealth clothes (e.g., I took care that my "shadowed" Silver Shroud outfit actually gives the perks to companions too, or really, any NPC, and it affects global detaction like the Sneak perks)

• 3 weeks later...

Although all Fallout 4 companions are good, I have most appreciated companions that go beyond the vanilla companions, such as Ellen the Cartographer, as well as Audrey and R4-04 from Tales from the Commonwealth.

Of the vanilla game companions, Cait, Piper, and Curie seem the best.

On my second playthrough and I'm currently travelling with Cait, Curie and Dogmeat as a human female (Thanks to a mod). I have equipped them all with a ring (mod) that makes them all tougher. A couple of nights ago, we were ambushed by raiders (ok, I didn't notice them) and I noticed that Dogmeat had vanished, a few seconds later she reappeared on the right flank of the raiders and blasted the hell out of them.

Somewhere along the line a mod that I installed has added some dialogue of a sexual nature to Cait and I keep getting popups saying things like "Cait wants a threesome with you and Curie" or "Cait wants to watch you f**k Curie"

• 3 weeks later...

On my second playthrough and I'm currently travelling with Cait, Curie and Dogmeat as a human female (Thanks to a mod). I have equipped them all with a ring (mod) that makes them all tougher. A couple of nights ago, we were ambushed by raiders (ok, I didn't notice them) and I noticed that Dogmeat had vanished, a few seconds later she reappeared on the right flank of the raiders and blasted the hell out of them.

Somewhere along the line a mod that I installed has added some dialogue of a sexual nature to Cait and I keep getting popups saying things like "Cait wants a threesome with you and Curie" or "Cait wants to watch you f**k Curie"

Damn! I use Ada2Human, 'coz I like having a sexy a$$ed Humaniform robot with me and Ada is so polite and allus asking I'm injured ... But Dogmeat2Human??? I think there are some people who might wanna talk with you ... :)

I always run around with my quartet of babes, (Piper, Humaniform Curie, Humaniform Ada and Cait) all of them in the "Zatanna" inspired Tuxedo replacer I made. :D does that make me a bad person?

Why would you want to make Ada a human, though? Isn't that a massive downgrade? A well built automatron is deadlier than a whole fire team, or as you call it, quartet.

With the Ada2Human mod she keeps almost all of her robotic upgrades (mobility, carryweight, DMG resistances etc) Also you can put her in armor, give her different (better) weapons, change her combat style, etc. And you get to create your own sexy female companion ... :D

I doubt that she can still have a reaper helm, though. Between the insta-kill probability of that one, AND two high speed miniguns at the same time, AND the voltaic pieces driving the proc rate up, you just hear *FRRRAP* and the enemies just die.

Well, in my current playthrough, she is using a fully upgraded M1 Garand with her combat style set to "Sniper" and she one shots pretty much anything she shoots at except the very largest legendary monsters (Mirelurk Queens etc) So I'm not really seeing any detriment to her being in human form. Coupled with Piper and her M9 pistol, Curie with a Plasma Shotgun, and Cait with Grognaks Axe and not much survives. Plus they all look gorgeous in their Zatanna Outfits :P