Let's talk companions.

k361

Having tried out all the vanilla companions i've resolved to never use them,ever,again.. they're bland,repetitive and utterly useless... Piper is a pain in the you know what,with her constant naggin about "doing good" Cait starts out okay and then..well i've learned NOT to detox the girl.. Curie is boring and you have to work with the RR to get her to NOT drone around being Codsworth with a bad accent.. speaking of Codsworth,he starts out different and funny.. and then it´s just blaaah.. Deacon tries to be Bruce Willis,he ain't and gets lame after about an hour..,Danse has his moments but,oh boy will he ever talk like a person? Nick is,well Nick,only time he has some interesting things to add is at Far Harbor,Cage at Nuka World does exactly what all the vanillas do.. starts great,loses personality and ends up going to some settlement i NEVER visit..AKA SAnctuary.. Dogmeat? the stupidest dog i've ever encountered.. and i've had a lot of dogs,hell i even had my own kennel once.. i know dogs and he ain't it.. useless chihuahua,he stays at Red Rocket... Hancock is one-dimensional and gets old real fast(see what i did there?) and McReady ?.. i try to get him killed,never works but at least i´ve perfected my throwing arm using him as a marker for grenades.... only companion i use,and she is a must,Heather Casdin... TADAAAAH,she sneaks,she makes medicine,she has interesting things to say,she even gets out of the way when using elevators and lining up shots.. i you have to take a companion..take her..oh,and she hates synths ..that's a bonus :-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't used all companions yet (still have Danse, Cait, Curie, Hancock and X6-88 left).

Of the ones I've used my favourites are:

#1 Piper. Love her teasing voice when she asks "Oooooh, what's that for?" (lots of people seem to hate that soundclip, I just find it endearing). And in general, she and I share a very similar worldview.

#2 MacCready, mostly because of his companion quest and the fact that he has some character development along the way. He's also not bad with a rifle.

#3 Dogmeat, because dog. <3

#4 Longfellow, because he, just like me, won't play the Wild Rover no more~ (well, alright, I just enjoy singing drinking songs a lot. Sadly Longfellow usually ends up dying before I leave Far Harbor... wonder how that keeps on happening...)

Least favourites:

#1 Strong. I really can't find any redeemable thing about him. He's just annoying (to me). At least getting him to 1k affinity was easy.

#2 Deacon. He lies too much, if I can't trust him, I'm not using him.

#3 Codsworth. Just dislikes too much that I do. Dislikes asking for more money. Dislikes the occasional white lie. Dislikes chem usage. Dislikes giving chems to Mama Murphy. Dislikes getting Hallucigen Canister for that guy in Goodneighbor... nope, he's out.

#4 Valentine. Don't know why, just can't stand him. (I really do enjoy his story with Eddie Winter and DiMA though.)

Somwhere in between:

# Gage. I dislike that he dislikes chem and alcohol usage, but I understand it considering his past. He has one of the better companion stories, but I would have loved to have a companion quest for him. Maybe to kill Connor who set Gage up for dead in the past. If he had that, he'd definitely be in my top favourite list. (Maybe I should give him one... but where would we find Connor? Hm...) Oh, and his perk is actually pretty good too.

# Preston. Because he opens up to you the more you travel together. He kind of becomes more than just a companion among the rest. But at the same time he dislikes too much stuff, just like Codsworth.

Not in any list:

Ada/Robot companion - I don't really care for them. It's kind of fun to make a few robots, but generally I get a location where I build a robotic workbench and build robot supply lines going from there and out to any settlements I plan on using. The fact that they have no companion perk makes me even less likely to use them.

Having tried out all the vanilla companions i've resolved to never use them,ever,again.. they're bland,repetitive and utterly useless... Piper is a pain in the you know what,with her constant naggin about "doing good" Cait starts out okay and then..well i've learned NOT to detox the girl.. Curie is boring and you have to work with the RR to get her to NOT drone around being Codsworth with a bad accent.. speaking of Codsworth,he starts out different and funny.. and then it´s just blaaah.. Deacon tries to be Bruce Willis,he ain't and gets lame after about an hour..,Danse has his moments but,oh boy will he ever talk like a person? Nick is,well Nick,only time he has some interesting things to add is at Far Harbor,Cage at Nuka World does exactly what all the vanillas do.. starts great,loses personality and ends up going to some settlement i NEVER visit..AKA SAnctuary.. Dogmeat? the stupidest dog i've ever encountered.. and i've had a lot of dogs,hell i even had my own kennel once.. i know dogs and he ain't it.. useless chihuahua,he stays at Red Rocket... Hancock is one-dimensional and gets old real fast(see what i did there?) and McReady ?.. i try to get him killed,never works but at least i´ve perfected my throwing arm using him as a marker for grenades.... only companion i use,and she is a must,Heather Casdin... TADAAAAH,she sneaks,she makes medicine,she has interesting things to say,she even gets out of the way when using elevators and lining up shots.. i you have to take a companion..take her..oh,and she hates synths ..that's a bonus :-)

I have also been "using" Heather Casdin for a couple of weeks and I recently took Cait back on. The funny thing is they actually b&amp;@*&#036; at each other ! Heather will offer Cait something and Cait responds something like "You're really starting to piss me off" :laugh:

I have been doing some quests lately with Heather Casdin and Dayna Feyton from Fusion City Rising. Decided to finally try Nuka World so I am bringing along Heather Casdin and Audrey from Tales of the Commonwealth. I expect to send Audrey back to the Red Rocket when I take on an extra Nuka World companion.

It is great to have so many companions to choose from. So far, Heather is the most feature-packed of the many companions.