Tid Key not working

Aluviel

Hello I habe windows vista and I noticed that when I hit the tid key to add gold or items to my game the enter box doesnt come up.

How can I work around this?

I just posted this about 4 posts above, so you get a copy instead of my retyping the entire thing. :tongue:

This has nothing to do with either Win7 or 64 bit systems, it has been around since Win98 and was a common problem when nearly everyone had WinXP and 32 bit systems.

For some reason incomprehensible to me, Microsoft Disables the ~ key when there is an infrared receiver (IR) on the computer. :rolleyes:

If you have one of the Windows Media PCs the simple solution is to unplug the infrared receiver (used with the remote control). Laptops and PCs with a built in IR is a little more difficult - for those you will need to go into the system settings and disable the IR.

Best solution, remap the ~ key for the keyboard outside of the game. That makes the remapping work for all programs and not just the game. I know there are several free programs that allow remapping nearly any key. Pick an unused key such as the useless pause/break key that is on most PC keybpards and remap the ~ key to that one. Be sure to get the lower case as well as upper character as I think the actual key scan code for the game is tied to the lower case ` key and not the upper (shifted) ~ key. Here is one key remapping utility program: http://majorgeeks.co...weak_d4161.html :thumbsup:

Hello I habe windows vista and I noticed that when I hit the tid key to add gold or items to my game the enter box doesnt come up.

How can I work around this?

It will be really nice when Bethdisa gets it together and makes a MMORPG for us who love morrowind and oblivion etc. Then we could at least meet each other and I could give you a giant cyber kiss for replying and being so nice.

WOW Ben simply going into the device manager and disabling the Infared thing totally worked I got my tid console back and now I can have some money!!! YES!! Thank you so much for mentioning this!