Emotion, not immersion.

WadeHouseman

Hello Fallout 3 modders! I just had an amazing idea, but can't figure out how to do it... I was wondering if we could maybe add a bit more emotion into Fallout 3. As I was playing, I found Fallout very lacking of emotion, that one point that sends you over the edge with a desire to absolutely hate anything and everything. Though your father's death later in the game does capture this point, it doesn't really give a lot of emotion. Honestly, you only see your dad "maybe" 5 times through out the game, and personally, I just didn't really feel close to him. So here's what I am getting at, what if we can make the Wasteland a more emotional place? With your father just being one of the key features in it? I'm talking about maybe being able to become friends with more than a few guys and girls in the game. Why not add little miny funerals for your buddies who die? Or maybe after your dad dies you hold a little ceremony and talk about him and all that happy stuff. Maybe after your dad dies you start having hallucinations about seeing your dad (or mom) again. How about if you have a low endurance you start having emotional trauma from all of the terrible things you see in the Wasteland. Or maybe give an extra opening in Vault 101 that takes more than 15 minutes so you can get closer to your Vault-Mates and feel some emotion when you have to leave the vault. a lot of the other mods want to immerse you into the game, why not take that and add a little more emotion?