Orc Mage in OOO

Deca1

For once I did not want to min/max my characters strengths/weakness with a power gaming long term playing mindset.

....so, I picked something I liked which was an old Orc Mage whose survived as long as he has purely due to his intellect and not sheer strength with all 7 major stats being the Magic + Alchemy.

However, playing OOO I'm finding it hard to win many fights & after reading some of the OOO it has some suggestions about getting 1 kill skill (edge, blunt, dest, h2h), 1 melee skill (blunt, edge, h2h), 1 defense skill (hvy, light, block, alteration) & 1 range (dest, arch) skill.

I've heard that in the "base/vanilla" version of Oblivion that magic is not as strong as historically seen in many other game, but that in OOO it was increased a little. Question:

Question:

Did I go wrong with a pure mage (and an Orc at that) for all Major Skills using OOO?

Side Questions:

1) I've read on the forums that the number of spells you can keep/store is limited (so I got the mod Spell & Item remove); however, how many can I actually store/keep, is this going to be a problem with me having to continuously deleting expensive spells while adventuring in different areas of the world & needing a variety of spells?

2) How long does items & corpses remain on the ground?

3) How or where can I try to store excess items I want to keep but can no longer carry? Is/are there safe places to 'store' stuff you want to keep?

4) Do I need to be concerned with time? In other words, if I am content to take massive amounts of time exploring and seeing everything rather than focusing on the main questions, will my chracter's skill start to decline or degenerate over time if my character "ages" in the game or if 10 years in game time have passed?

5) Are guild associations permanent? In other words, if I join the mages guild, will that be the only guild I can be joined with?

6) Anyone else find it extremely difficult to be in town and see the mountains of cools items being sold by the merchants with them laying out & displayed in the open knowing that all you have is a rusty sword and NOT taking them?

Edited by Deca1

1) Did not hear anything about a limited number of spells yet.

2) None have disappeared for me so far.

3) Just search for a place you like and store your stuff there.

4) No.

5) You are in a guild forever but you can be member of all guilds at the same time.

6) Yes :(

So, I can have/learn/know an unlimited number of spells & spell variations that I create without concern of running out of space?

None?

So all creatures/monsters/npc that are killed remain there forever? It looks odd seeing all those naked dead bodies after looting them still remaining there.

If so, any mods which are out there that change that behavior?

So, I can have/learn/know an unlimited number of spells & spell variations that I create without concern of running out of space?

None?

So all creatures/monsters/npc that are killed remain there forever? It looks odd seeing all those naked dead bodies after looting them still remaining there.

If so, any mods which are out there that change that behavior?

I think bodies in some cases take upto 36 hours ingame to disappear,but they will eventually

If a body has been looted, it should disappear once you have not visited the game cell it was left in for 36 hours. If you have not looted the body, it MAY persist - I never leave a body unlooted so I don't know.