bsa creation????

theuseless

I have tried using Oblivion Mod Manager, tes4files and cannot figure out how to pack with bsa commander.

I don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong. Oblivion Mod manager doesn't pack all the textures properly for me, I get the missing texture pink color. When I use the tes4files program, it doesn't pack any of the meshes or textures I have added. It will pack the textures that I got from the Armamentarium.esm. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but if anybody knows how to properly pack a bsa, I would be grateful. I have searched high and low on the net for an answer, but I can't get any progress. I need the files to be compressed so that I can upload it here without splitting the zip into two pieces.

Thanks as always,

theuseless

With bsa commander it's quite simple. To practice I recommend that you unpack the Oblivion meshes bsa, pack again, and then try to use it.

If you unpack, the files go into a structure under ...bsacmd\out. For re-packing use this folder (...bsacmd\out) as source dir. Define a Archive name and set Recursive and Compress.

And the flags HAVE TO be properly set, Archive falgs = 00000787 File Flags = 00000041. PACK. :thumbsup:

And as always, never install bsacmd under C:Program Files

And as always, never install bsacmd under C:Program Files

I don't understand why not to install bsacmd into the program files folder? I am using winxp? I know that the program files is not the place for win7 or vista....

I will try to make a bsa archive out of one of the stock bsa's as you mentioned.

-edit-

Still the same problems. I don't know if .kf or .egm files are compress-able or not?

Edited by theuseless