Communal Story / Free RPG

Albareth

Well - you've all seen the fine standard RPG forum MWS has, but what I'm aiming at here is the "freestyle RPG", where each person very simply has a character/characters and writes about them, next person continues with his and next after that and everyone aims at weaving their characters together into a communal story. Each person writes in whatever manner they wish within the normal reasonable limits, no "uber-characters", messing too much with other peoples characters without permission or going too far off the storyline... these things, Communal Stories, can become great if the people involved are active and serious about the writing - or they can be absolute disappointments... so I'm checking for interest before starting one.

What I have in mind is non-MW, freestyle "fantasy", any fantasy enviroment... any takers? ;)

(keep in mind I'm talking no dungeon master, pretty much freestyle, how good or bad this becomes would have to depend on us...)

I wouldn't mind though it could easily end in tears if its too freestyle. Maybe you could do it more like the Canterbury tales and have several stories being told a bit at a time rather than one. This would make each poster responsible only for their own storyline.

Well, I've done this kind of thing before on the old MWC before it merged in here, worked out ok. Thing is it doesn't have to merge in any one way or time, you can just play out your own characters storyline at your pace and when you see an opening in someone elses storyline try to interject it into it... making sense? :D

Other thing isn't a bad idea as well though - thing is there are so many ways to RP and personally I find every one of them EXCEPT strict-rule dungeon master rp fun... <_<

Archived