Character rooted to the ground

Faivon

yeah, if your character ever becomes completely stuck for no apparent reason, this happens to me most often in fallout 3 and new vegas, type "enableplayercontrols". none of these when typing though: -> " <- and its fairly subtle. this could work if you are still having this issue, or press ~, click on your character and type "disable", now DO NOT PRESS ~ AGAIN, immediately type enable again, this works often on npc's not following scripting in quests if they are supposed to lead you somewhere or something and pretty much acts like resetting the npc. If done on your character it may have a positive effect on your movement scripts.

Two things that can help if your character completely stops moving and is unable to move (occurs most frequently and fallout 3 and new vegas for me):

Type "enableplayercontrols" just like that minus the ->"<-.

and this one follow step by step.

press the tilden key and click on the player until youer character name and their base id appears on the top. This code is not usable for self effect computer commands as ref. code.

type disable, DO NOT PRESS TILDEN AGAIN, immediately thereafter type enable.

this acts as resetting the player or any npc you do this on. It is good if an npc does not seem to be following scripting, like if a npc is supposed to lead you somewhere and does not move AT ALL. It could even work if you get an npc move forard and backward like 3 centimeters repeatedly and very rapidly. If you disable your character and press ~ and leave your character like that I have no idea whether you would get a game over or just not be able to do anything. If this happens, player.enable may do the trick otherwise you would have to figure out your reference code and type this: prid [reference code of player] and that will select your player disabled or not and you can type enable again in theory. Do not quite while your character is disabled, especially if it autsaved or saved afterwards, more than likely your game could corrupt or something. Okay, I am done babbling. XD