Texture Gets Pixely From Distance

LegoManIAm94

When I make a new texture and place it in the game it looks good up close but when I go away from the object the texture gets pixeled up and looks bad. The textures I download don't do this and I don't know why mine do. They are 1024x1024 pixels big and the orginal texture is either 256x256 or 128x128. How do I fix this. Thanks in advance.

I believe this happens with all games, if this problem is what I think it is, it's just that it's not so noticable with the lower resolution textures.

Anisotropic Filtering helps to fix this. Check this page (scroll down a bit) for a description of what it does.

Morrowind doesn't feature that option, but you can either force it on through software for your graphics card (ATI Catalyst or ATI Tray Tools for ATI cards, I don't know what the Nvidia equivalent is called) or, which is a better solution, use the AF feature of the Morrowind Graphics Extender.

Edited by Povuholo

I believe this happens with all games, if this problem is what I think it is, it's just that it's not so noticable with the lower resolution textures.

Anisotropic Filtering helps to fix this. Check this page (scroll down a bit) for a description of what it does.

Morrowind doesn't feature that option, but you can either force it on through software for your graphics card (ATI Catalyst or ATI Tray Tools for ATI cards, I don't know what the Nvidia equivalent is called) or, which is a better solution, use the AF feature of the Morrowind Graphics Extender.

I am not using any AA or AF and I use Nvidia card and I download many textures such as MVP and so on. They are very nice and have good detail up close or far away. But I took a picture or even just tried editing a texture from the web and placing it into Morrowind and it gets pixely far away. I am wondering if I need to do something before I export it from my image editor.