Can I remove the headbob on Deadly Reflex?

mymee

The latest version that's out includes the head sway that makes me want to hurl, is there some way for me to remove this feature? Either with another mod or just by editing script itself.

I have 0 modding experience, but I'm good with directions.

Thanks.

Haven't I answered you in your other thread? :P But once again, nope can't remove it.

lol I just wanted a second opinion, but thank you kindly for helping

Okay so I mainly wanted Deadly Reflex for 2 things: better archery and better horse combat

Do you know of any alternatives? Surprisingly I only found a few archery mods, I installed them but they don't do things to add to realism like headshots/critical shots... they just increase damage and speed.

As for horse combat, I really just want to be able to cast and train magic while riding. I already got the improve athletics while riding mod. Any suggestions?

Well, DR only does melee. The best archery mod isn't available on Nexus, google for Duke Patrick's Combat Archery. As for mounted combat, don't really know of any other, there's a standalone mounted combat but that's the same as DR's. Edited by omeletted

Won't deleting *weapon type*move*forward/left/right/back*.kf from meshes/1_animation folder do the job? thats how I did it, unless you're talking about another thing. xD

Oh and Omeletted, I didn't get the chance to say it on another thread, but you kind of indirectly helped in another mod page. xP

+nice avatar. I love that movie.

Won't deleting *weapon type*move*forward/left/right/back*.kf from meshes/1_animation folder do the job? thats how I did it, unless you're talking about another thing. xD

Oh and Omeletted, I didn't get the chance to say it on another thread, but you kind of indirectly helped in another mod page. xP

+nice avatar. I love that movie.

can you give me the exact path please? I couldn't find the "meshes/1_animation" file

Sorry, it was a kind of a pseudo path..

Anyways, its in your Data\meshes\characters\_1stPerson directory.

Move these files to a temporary folder, or rename them (e.g. adding _original to last of their names):

onehandbackward.kf

onehandforward.kf

onehandleft.kf

onehandright.kf

If you want to remove the headbobing while you're holding a one handed weapon.

Do the same for bowforward.kf/staff...etc.

Also do the same for moveforward.kf/left/rright.backward to remove the head bobbing while you;re walking without a weapon.

Haha thanks, but I think I just raped my game even more.

I edited all the .kf related to moving. So all the walk/onehand/twohand/staff/bow/unarmed (fast)foward/backward/left/right.

The result is quite amusing.

If I stand still my field of view looks as if my head is on the ground, like I'm as tall as my horse's hoof. When I start moving though I go back up to my original height, so horray. But when I draw my weapon, both my arms area flailing on the right side of the screen, so yeah I'm very confused lol...

Is there an easier way to revert my changes? I spent a long time typing those crapy _original.kf

If you only have the problem of height when you're standing still, maybe you deleted/rename a file that you shouldn't have. Can you list the name of the files you replaced?

In general, I can think of a few possibilities why you're having some problems:

1-I had this "bug" once, originally, any file you delete from the animations should be automatically replaced by the game once you launch the game. But for sometimes, like it happened to me a couple of years ago, the game engine refused for some reason to replace the files, and I had to replace the original ones manually by getting them from a friend. it was a bit troublesome, but it got solved once I reinstalled the game. Though you said the rest of the walking animations are ok, you don't seem to have that problem.

2-deadly reflex 6 has a few bugs related to camera, like for example in first person view the camera will go all the way down to your feet levels sometimes. and the chance increases whenever you bash with your shield, (their appears to also to be some problems in the bashing itself), the camera swinging all the way to the left also seems to be a bug in DR6.

3-You played a bit with the skeletons, I had that problems once also, which made the camera behave in weird ways..are you using other skeletons from other mods, like BBBs or whatever? 'cause DR6 seems to have problems with them too.

Luckily, there's a patch that fixes most of your problems, but I can't guarantee it, as the mod owner himself doesn't guarantees it. xD

Download it here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36684

As for renaming the files, if its taking to much time, either just add something short, like "_1" or just "1", or better yet, just select them all and move them inside a new folder in the same 1-Animation folder.

Following the steps I'm playing deadly reflex perfectly fine with the original walking animation.