Retexturing problem

dominik523

hey guys! can someone help me with retexturing? I read some topics yesterday on this forum but I can't fix my problem. I created new sign for my city and NIF skope shows it perfectly but when I put it in construction set, it can't load texture I changed. my texture is in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\clutter\signs

my mesh is in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\meshes\clutter\signs

this are images I took to show you:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9057/aaadu.png - CS wont load texture

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2654/62767958.png - everything is great in NIF skope

please help me!

Hey,

I'm also pretty new to texture modding and only do it for FO3 but could a missing normal map be the problem, did you include one? AFAIK nifskope doesn't require a normal map for displaying the textures properly!

Try dropping it in the same texture folder. Make sure that is has the same file name as your custom texture with an "_n" attached (for example if your custom texture is called "sign.dds" the normal map has to be called "sign_n.dds") at least that's the way things work in FO3. ALso you have to include the "sign_n.dds" file into the texture set in nifskope.

This is getting slightly complicated! ;) first of all because this looks really different from a FO3 nif file. I could send you my e-mail add via pm, then yopu could send me the nif file, I could check it out myself!?

Okay let's see, try this:

open the file in nifskope, then click on the seperate parts in the render window, click on the arrow next to "NiTriStrips", click the arrow next to "NiTexturingProperty". Here, the required texture branches should show up. Click the purple flower next to the dds' names and insert your custom files. There, a directory for the normal map (_n.dds) also shows up. Continue with the other parts of the mesh until the whole sign is textured.