Who still plays Fallout 3 ?

rico101

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have both FO3 and NV.

I have a hard time getting anywhere with NV, but with FO3, I'm not able to put it away.

My enjoyment lies in the mods. With the proper mods, the game is just a whole different experience.

The difference is the same as having an old stale cold watered out coffe, or a smoking hot espresso.

I drink both, but prefer the latter.

I agree. I also play both, but I prefer Fallout 3. Bethesda took the TES-esque approach and made a very believable and immersed game for Fallout 3 and it was a very well and proffesionally put together videogame. Obsidian however did a very poor job at putting Fallout NV together. It can still be enjoyable, it just wasn't the same as my first playthrough for Fallout 3. The construction of the game was sloppy too. Even if you look at the game files in comparison from Falllout 3's GECK to fallout NV's GECK. I almost cried :facepalm:. Not to mention how glitchy Fallout NV was considering they just added new stuff to an already buggy engine. Had I not done everything in Fallout 3 possible over 12 times I probably would still be playing it instead of Fallout NV, but it feels too stale and I like the Vanilla game lightly modded for realism.

It's the only one I have XD

Fallout new vegas looks great but there are a lot of things they need to fix about it, like the no continue after last mission.

Haven't gone near NV. Mainly because I only got "into" FO3 relatively recently. Still a great deal I haven't done there, and repetition (as in starting new games) doesn't bother me.

Also, even if I had the money, means and machine to get into NV tomorrow, I wouldn't. After all the trials and travails of getting FO3 up to playability, I would rather enjoy what I have gained and also wait a while on NV. Give a big timeframe for the bugs to be worked out and for a large stockpile of mods to accumulate. I'm in no hurry.

Who still plays fallout 3? i started to play it this afternoon and didn't get the same enjoyment out of it when i first got it maybe its because of new Vegas ? any way post away

I just started playing GOTY last week after having it forever and I just hit level 15.

Only using a couple mods, it seems this has become more complicated and game already ctd's enough.

I wish I had more patience for it but it's a bit ridiculous although I respect everyone who makes stuff.

I really like the adventure part of Bethesda games, exploring, finding new areas, but I'm not really enjoying the combat.

To me it's still new but yeah, I tried to revisit ES3 after having played it on and off for 3 years and even heavily modded, it could never be the same sense of mystery and adventure as it was on day 1, unmodded.

Don't get me wrong, new vegas looks fantastic, and I love the more western look of it and the multiple ways to play, rather than be forced on the brotherhood of steel. I also like how the NCR is rebuilding the waste land, and re-united california. It shows progress.

But I do want to do the main line and go back to have a lil fun.

Take the run the lucky 38 mod, if you do the story line in the NCR's favor or yes man's, it would fit great fluff wise.