Companion Wait Forever....

Klipperken

No matter WHAT I try, they bugger of after 7 days.

The mod I got here, not working.

Tried my own version, ditto....

Anyone an idea how I can fix this?

Or how I can overcome it?

I am bothered by getting them every 7 days and bring them to my home.

No matter WHAT I try, they bugger of after 7 days.

The mod I got here, not working.

Tried my own version, ditto....

Anyone an idea how I can fix this?

Or how I can overcome it?

I am bothered by getting them every 7 days and bring them to my home.

from what i know, there's a limit to max waiting time.

don't know what mod you're using, but there's one called "Follower Wait Time 100000.esp" out there that works just fine.

or, if you're trying to script the whole thing, if nothing else works, you maybe could just once a day (or whatever you consider an appropriate time frame) let them stop and immediately restart waiting (StopWaiting packagename / Wait packagename) so it resets waiting time.

or set them on a sandbox package in their current location instead of actually letting them wait

That is the one I used.

I killed it later since for some reason the companions kept returning after 7 days, so I made one half that setting.

No use either...

Now, I did again DL the one you mentioned, found here, and placed it entirely at the bottom this time. I will soon tell you whether that worked...

Well, that helped. NOOOT.

Ok, sandboxing companions... a how to, please? XD

Edited by Klipperken

That is the one I used.

I killed it later since for some reason the companions kept returning after 7 days, so I made one half that setting.

No use either...

Now, I did again DL the one you mentioned, found here, and placed it entirely at the bottom this time. I will soon tell you whether that worked...

Well, that helped. NOOOT.

Ok, sandboxing companions... a how to, please? XD

add a sandbox package (default current location or whatever) to your npc's ai, add an integer variable like YourVariable to it's script and condition the sandbox package to run when this variable is set to 1 (or whatever you want) - condition: getScriptVariable YourNPC YourVariable on subject.

then, when you'd normally set the npc on Wait YourFollowPackage, you instead go

set YourVariable to 1

evp (or, if you're not calling it from the affected npc's script, YourNpcREF.evp)

and to make it stop waiting, you set the variable back to 0 and evp again (evp means evaluate packages & makes the npc do exactly this)

if you do it this way, be sure to check the npc's other ai-packages' conditions to make sure that always just the ones you want to run can do so.