Her Clockwork Heart

CTRLALTDETH

That's one nice idea you have there. Classic too. I've been thinking to incorporate something similar to a mod I am planning.

If there is something that you can use, take it. I'm just throwing around ideas. It's up to the talent (in this case you) to take what you can use.

And MarkInMKUK that key winding pun of yours. A less comedic, more meteoric use of a similar sentence is used in the song that was my original motivation.

"So do I wind you darling? Or is it you who winds me? For I can't venture out too far, afraid that you might leave."

I know nothing of mods, but I think some people might have fun building/playing a companion romance mod, in where you and your companion, go on many typical adventures...

From what I can tell, this is a "dialogue-based" quest mod. They really don't require a lot of knowledge in modding at all. A tiny bit of scripting but nothing complicated. If you visit this "Beginners Guide" on the CS Wiki (a website basically like an instruction manual for modding) then you will learn how easy it is to make a quest. Any help you do need can be found on the site or by asking around on these forums. I reckon you should at least take a look at the beginners guide and if you understand it well enough, you could make this mod on your own. That way, you get the ideas and concepts that *you* want put across, instead of someone else trying to figure out what you mean and getting it wrong.

I know nothing of mods, but I think some people might have fun building/playing a companion romance mod, in where you and your companion, go on many typical adventures...

From what I can tell, this is a "dialogue-based" quest mod. They really don't require a lot of knowledge in modding at all. A tiny bit of scripting but nothing complicated. If you visit this "Beginners Guide" on the CS Wiki (a website basically like an instruction manual for modding) then you will learn how easy it is to make a quest. Any help you do need can be found on the site or by asking around on these forums. I reckon you should at least take a look at the beginners guide and if you understand it well enough, you could make this mod on your own. That way, you get the ideas and concepts that *you* want put across, instead of someone else trying to figure out what you mean and getting it wrong.

It's true that a quest in base form is easy enough to make, but add the custom item/s, and the dialog (in all my time playing mods I confirmed that a good story has lots of rich dialog) and it becomes to much work, I've generally got far to much going on to have time to do it right, that combined with my lack of modding experience (sure I could learn, but that's just more time), and my inability to write from a character perspective, and it soon becomes a large task that I am not up to doing.

But worry not, for I am not upset by this song unsung. I suspected it from the start, and in all honesty I started this thread more to see what people thought about it. In short, I hoped it would be made but expected it not to be.

It has always been my wish to inspire ones creativity, rather than enforcing mine on others, with that said, anyone who has been keeping up in this event as it unfolded that had read something they liked, be it a concept, or even a quote, I strongly encourage you use it, because you are an artist, and artists take ideas and inspiration from every road they travel.

In closing I, as ever, hope to see this story made, and to quote the last line of my first post "Even if it doesn't get made, I am interested in hearing what you (yes you) have to think on this partial concept."