Evil character

badbeans

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is your character evil?

• YES!!!!!! OMG <3 ALL EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i'm going to heaven right?
    • No, i love being my old white and mormon self! Now i gotta go brush my teeth before lunch.

There is no choice to be an evil character in the game and that is one thing that is a bit, disappointing to me. I don't like to be full evil but sometimes the occasional evil choice is fun. In the end it is impossible to have an evil character but i want to know how still killed off people like an evil character.

• 1 month later...
I am usually super evil or sort of neutral, I spare the people I like / think are cool when given the choice, and when given the choice, I kill those I dislike. Sometimes I will feel someone deserves to live, like the lost Hand of Almelexia (or however its spelled) and resurrect him after I finish the quest to kill him.

• 3 months later...

Well Morrowind has some evil based-like quests(Immoral is a better way to define them)

SPOILER: For instance, if you do the Raven rock questline, you have the option to exploit the colony for profit. Also, you could kill certain characters instead of sparing their lives or join one of great houses and enforce the negative decisions. Morrowind's morals are more unique in terms of personality and consequence, rather than just typical killings.

There is no choice to be an evil character in the game and that is one thing that is a bit, disappointing to me. I don't like to be full evil but sometimes the occasional evil choice is fun. In the end it is impossible to have an evil character but i want to know how still killed off people like an evil character.

It's a sandbox game, you can steal from any NPC or assault and murder them. Evil.

The Telvanni questline is also at best amoral, you can supress slave revolts and kill people in cold blood to get their artifacts.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two mods out there that lets you join the Sixth House, if you're really looking to play evil. I've heard especially good things about "Great House Dagoth," but can't say I've played it.

In this one respect, I think Oblivion has it all over Morrowind. The guild of the Dark Brotherhood probably has the most imaginative quest line of the lot (not that this is saying anything, still), and it's pretty damn nasty.

I've tried being evil in Morrowind without turning to vampirism and honestly, the game just isn't inherently designed for that. Most of the quests are designed to emphasize that the player is a hero. I notice even the Telvanni quests; amoral as someone has mentioned; do not go the distance as far as the evilness that they are portrayed IMHO. I thought the Hlaalu quests were more questionably amoral in some respects. I know my conscience pricked me more while doing Hlaalu quests than the Telvanni ones. In my mind, at least the Telvanni were honest about their ruthless methods and murdering to get ahead did not bother me at all - that is just the way they are and they're honest about it. The Hlaalu wouldn't understand honesty if it slapped them in the face. To me, they were far more crooked than the Telvanni.

Mods can help characters be more evil but by itself, Morrowind really isn't designed for that. Not saying it can't be done because I'm sure it has been, but it's not easy and eliminates many of the game's quests because there is no option other than being the do-gooder.

I think to play evil in Morrowind, it would require a combination of mods, a lively imagination, the ability to roleplay and to design your own personal quests to fulfill all the bad-ass evilness you want your character(s) to embody.

Good luck with that.