How do I take screenshots in Game?

Huricane887

press print screen and make sure screenshots are enabled and set to 1 instead of 0 in the INI.

"bAllowScreenShot=0" in fallout.ini in mydocuments/mygames/fallout 3 folder, change the 0 to 1 if its not already set to 1.

You can do it that way, or you can get a free program called FRAPS. This will use one of the F keys to take a picture in game. The free trial will take .bmps that have to be converted to jpg or png (I think on the png, used to be anyway) before they'll show up as anything other than black when uploaded to the board. I used to use Roxio Photosuite for that, but some folks just use MSPaint.

FRAPS will also take 30 sec. videos with the trial version. Again, you configure an F key. You can also keep track of your FPS. I like it so much I bought the full version, especially since I take a lot of videos. Full version you can take screenies in .jpg or a couple of other formats of your choosing. Videos can be as long as you want.

When taking screenshots remember to use the console command "tm" (without quotes) to turn off your menus and HUD for a cleaner shot. Using "tfc" will toggle the free roaming camera (best done in 3rd person view or you might see yourself standing there headless or something!) so you can take photos or videos from any angle.

Taking screenshots is addictive, but oh so fun :thumbsup:

Here's a link to check it out if you like:

www.fraps.com/