Why wont my patch work?

vypernorad

I have read the info about this in the sticky post and it didn't help. I do not have game of the year edition but I do have all of the expantions I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still wont work I am trying to install shivering isles patch v 1.2.0416 and my game is not direct 2 drive nor have I ever used a beta patch yet every time it get to 50% it gives me that old file not found error

proberly using the incorrect region version patch ie EN international instead of EN US. Or vice versa.

Just in case it's relevant - to patch Shivering Isles, you must NOT patch Oblivion first.

Assuming English OR American release discs (Run the game after EACH step to make sure it still works - it SHOULD be fine but things CAN go wrong):-

1. Install Oblivion, DO NOT PATCH

2. Install Shivering Isles, THEN the Shivering Isles English Language patch IF NEEDED - if you were using the Game of the Year edition it would automatically be patched to v1.2.0416 anyway, but other versions will need patching.

3. Install any DLC mods you want, especially Knights of the Nine.

4. Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP)

5. Install the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (UOSP)

6. Install the Unofficial Official Mods Patch (UOMP)

7. Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch supplementals.

Then back up your installation before adding other mods - I use mTES4 Manager to handle cloned setups which is pretty simple to use.

Edited by MarkInMKUK