3 can you do this Mod questions

Deleted2746547User

Thank you all both so much... that really helped.... i'm sure i have a 1,000 other questions... but one more that i am most particularly interested in....

what if I wanted a tent to "appear" (that is, calling the reference out of memory (already created in geck) at a certain place.. let's say after the player met a certain condition/mission, etc. and then "activated" the tent via a terminal once the condition was met. is this easy to do or would you have to use NVSE? to do that. What I'm planning on... is having 6 different tents that will appear as you meet certain conditions. A Quartermaster (Trader) tent, a Medic (Dr. NPC would appear also), Command HQ, etc. And those facillities would give you access to medical benefits, trading, etc.

I ad thought to eventually turn those into tents that you could pack up and deploy elsewhere... (if you wanted) but figured you would def. have to use NVSE, etc. and i'd like this be able to be easily used by any fan that wanted to try it....

Thoughts on that?

Thanks ever so much for all of your help!

@ liknasteni : You can get that simply by earning or cheating your way to the Living Anatomy Perk. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Living_Anatomy

to cheat your way, if you are on a PC.... press the ~ key ... and then type player.addperk 00146099 and hit enter. then press ~ again to exit cheat screen. then play. as for mods that do just that, ? sorry!

and other perk codes are at: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_perks

OPERATION BLACKBRIAR OVERVIEW

Operation Blackbriar

Ok, well ...here goes. First though, I realize that some things might not be able to be done, or done easily. So, I will just give you an overall outline and you can say, from your perspective what is practical, not and something to do way down the road.

The mod is technically designed for a player starting a new game (though technically I guess you could start with a game already in progress.)

The mod puts the player in the role as a member of a new faction called the Federation of American States (FAS)... (If you want I'd be happy to email you the very detailed outline I wrote detailing the back story, history, plot ... which also ties together game lore in a fairly "plausible" way. That is, it creates the faction in a way that is believable and still retains the game's use of Enclave, etc. However, it pretty much destroys in most cases the games missions because, by advancing along the game's storyline/missions... you will in most cases break or violate the games'.

Anyway, the player is still set in the role of the courier at game start..but discovers (from a companion) after leaving Doc Mitchell's his true identity and why he is actually there.

So, here's an overview of the game progression... (not necessarily a "script" request list :))

1.****Create the New Faction... (I'm still trying to figure the changes you have to make for it to wok in-game with other factions.)

2. The player will initially find a new companion and safe house/bunker after leaving Doc. Mitchell's (easy enough)

3. The player will learn his overall mission/brief game history (immersion purposes), contacts & companions (NPC), etc., receive an initial weapon, armament supply, etc. (and possibly a Laptop/terminal... or maybe a plugin to Pipboy)

4. Player given first mission.

5. The Player will complete several missions that will add to the immersion and to build strengths, attributes, "contacts" in the game, etc. along the premise of completing the overall "mission" given to him at the beginning.

6. At some point, the "covert" nature of his missions will change to include more "overt" methods. This means that the recognition of his FACTION and its relation to other factions will begin to increase.

7. Once his mission becomes more 'overt", he will be given a mission of capturing a location to establish a more permanent base (to assist in the furtherance of the mod's storyline. This location will be NCRCF... which will be occupied by a more dangerous Powder Gang contingent.

8. Once the facility is captured by the player and his companion (joins him from the beginning), the player will then receive (if not at the game beginning) a laptop/terminal that will serve as his control of the facility and access to additional options. (and i can send you graphic of the "flow" of the access menus... if you want as a point of reference.)

9. The player will be given additional missions to gradually "build" the base up.... sandbags around the roofs, electrified fencing, snipers in guard towers, a few canine/guard patrols, and A POWER SYSTEM (I've already got a rough working script -THX TO TUNAISAFISH- for this that may work as a starting point.) All of these items will have already been put in the geck/mod but will not be placed into the game until they are activated via the Terminal. (The power system is to me, the most interesting/realistic part of it.... the player has to fix the generators in the facility, once that is done he can place flamer fuel in the Fuel Tanks... from there, he can access the power grid through the Terminal...turning off /on different grids - perimeter lighting, security fence, indoor power, etc. And so, each user of power (radios, spotlights, terminals, etc.) draws a different amount of energy (created by the Generators)... Each power user has benefits... visibility,etc. and the indoor lighting energy use while enabled in the terminal can be "changed" by turning off/on individual indoor lights, oven use, radios, etc. Anyway, I just love this concept for some reason. Better than the "magical" power lines reaching from Hoover Dam that have been down for 200 years :)

10. Anyway, the player can also learn to make "fuel" from alcohol, moonshine, etc. And at some point, will be given a mission to steal a "energy converter" (takes fission batteries, power cells, etc. and converts them into "energy units". These equal more energy units than regular fuel (ex. 1 fission,etc. unit = 20 fuel units.) The down side is that the player would have to have a high science/repair skill to utilize this.

11. Also, an important feature would be... the player will gain access to command facilities (tents) that once accessed and activated via terminal would 'appear" pre designated spots in the square in the NCRCF. These would be a medical tent, a quartermaster tent, command tent, barracks, etc. Each would "spawn" a player aligned NPC accordingly.. Medic, Quartermaster/merchant, etc. giving the player access to other features and benefits.

12. As the player "adds" NPC's to the facility (the pre-designated, snipers, etc. in geck ) posters, flags, etc. would appear in the barracks, etc. for immersion purposes.

13. More missions aimed (AND SCRIPTING) at expanding the Player factions' control over surrounding communities (giving the player access to "taxes", supply levies, etc. and increased "intelligence" on "enemy" activities...) And which will continue increasing the hostility of some factions or coercing others to "join" his (THE PURPOSE/STORYLINE of the game is for the Player to help restore US control over lost territories (not in an evil/totalitarian Enclave like way).....

14. At some point the player will be given the 'fork" in the road... he can either continue in his patriotic quest to reclaim the lands for the US or he can rebel and tr to use the base, and what he's created already to start his own "faction" or tribe.

Anyway, wow.. sorry for all that. There is more to it but that's an overall snapshot/direction of the mod. I know a lot would be difficult to do... and even if possible, require a lot of scripting. I had also wanted to make this more like RTS or Wasteland Defense with the ability to move facilities (tents, etc.) and dynamically set guard patrols, etc. but realize that would require a lot more work than I'm even envisioning here and would by the use of additional mods,script extenders limit the ability of others to play the mod.

I've done a lot of work on the graphics (posters, official flags, weapons, etc.), storyline or the game already.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

Federation of American States

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb458/NamaskarFAS/FAS-National-Flag.png

Restoration Movement Party Flag

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb458/NamaskarFAS/REMFlagcircaXXXX.png

Great Seal of the Federation of American States

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb458/NamaskarFAS/FAS-Eagle-Sepia.png

Edited by Guest

STILL A WIP... IN THE PROCESS OF CORRECTING A FEW ISSUES - WAIT TO DOWNLOAD HELP IS ALWAYS NEEDED if you'd like to lend a hand!

This mod will completely change the way you play the game. This mod intertwines game lore with a rich, expansive and detailed alternate history leading to the introduction of a more benevolent and humane US survivor faction (the plot still retains all story lines related to game lore including Enclave). A faction that has, over 200 years begun to crawl its way back out of the hole of armageddon and is determined to restore control and order over the Territories.

This will allow the player a wide range of options, opportunities and unlimited re-playability as the complex web of missions will change the world as you know it. You will, in the process of playing... establish a base of operations, begin re-establishing control over surrounding communities, train militias, recruit regional guardsmen, intimidate/smash and eliminate some opponents while coercing or charming others.

You can follow through the patriotic duty to extend order and society to the Territories or you can attempt to stage your own revolt and claim things for yourself... RTS/Wasteland Defense like elements will truly make this a realistic and engaging experience.

You already know how to do it, you just don't know you do :)

ah, cool, hidden knowledge... :-)

A quest script is just like a persistent object, with its' own built in timer.

cool, never thought of it that way...

actually really helps seeing it like that :-)