I'm new

Dill1015

I recently got a new computer that is able to handle Oblivion, so I decided to buy it and am really excited about all the mods that are available. However, the mods for this game seem to be a bit more complex to install than in other games (lets say the Sims for instance) so any help would be appreciated.

As a first stage, look in the Mod talk section of this forum. At the top of the forum is a sticky topic about how to install mods. That will probably cover 99% of what you need to know.

Next, start small - download a mod which does one simple thing - add a house or an item maybe. Get that working, and then you'll have learned a lot of what you will need for a more complex mod.

THEN start having fun with the masses of content here :)

I recently got a new computer that is able to handle Oblivion, so I decided to buy it and am really excited about all the mods that are available. However, the mods for this game seem to be a bit more complex to install than in other games (lets say the Sims for instance) so any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I read that and installed OBMM, it's a lot simpler than I had initially thought, especially since OBMM does most of the hard work for you.

Just be careful when you get to mods which require Wrye Bash - it's used (amongst other things) to help mods that conflict to work together. But it's a lot more complex than OBMM, especially at first.