Edit Oblivion fonts?

Lehcar

How do you edit Oblivion's fonts? I know there has to be a way, a few people have done it, but several Google searches have turned up nothing.

All I want to do is make the Handwritten font just a little bit smaller cause I think it's a little too big. :(

Sorry, I don't know much about XML either, I just know that the DarN edits the menu using XML files. But I looked around and figured out how to do what you wanted. In the oblivion.ini file there is a line that begins:

SFontFile_5=

Following that is the file path for the handwritten font. So just change that to the file path (in the Oblivion folder) for whatever font you want to use.

I don't know much about fonts, so this is just a guess. I have DarN installed, and it added some files to my Oblivion\Data\Fonts folder. All these font files have a number at the end. I'm assuming that number represents the font size. So to me, that means one of two things:

1. The font's size is included in the font file.

or

2. Oblivion sees the number at the end of the file name and uses that to determine font size.

EDIT: I copied the DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt and the corresponding .tex file, and renamed them to have 18 at the end. The displayed size in the game did not change at all. So I'm sure it's #1.

Edited by fg109