Mod that shows bows and swords

Spartan184

So I was wondering if there's any mods that let you show like your sword sheathed even when using your bow. I don't really like that if i switch to my bow my sword sheath disappears. There was a mod for Fallout 3 that did this. Here is a pic of it:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3731/screenshot49u.jpg

Hope you guys get the drift of what I'm talking about and if there isn't one can it even be done?

You could just get a couple of swords as clothing items, but I think it's very hard to show an actual sheated weapon when another weapon is being used. Maybe there is some workaround though (probably with obse)

I suspect part of the reason this doesn't exist is that once you equip a bow, any sword you have is treated like any other bit of loot, it is no longer an active equipped item. I don't play it, but I suspect Fallout handles things a little differently.

You might be able to look for a sword class weapon in the hotkey menu, and rig it so the first one you find is displayed as a sheathed item. However, if you have four swords and two daggers in the hotkey setup, you're going to look like a distressed hedgehog if you try to show them all.

You can probably attempt to display a two-hander on the back, a dagger on the right side, and a bow at once, or a one-hander on the left side, a shield on the back, a dagger on the right side and a bow. Any more would look ludicrous. An alternative if you have a dual-wield mod is two sword class items on opposite sides.

Also take into account some people might want to use mods such as "Inventory is a backpack" and have items not clash with that.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, I was just seeing if anyone ever reached a conclusion with this mod. I stumbled upon this while looking for the exact same thing. As you said, MarkInMKUK, too much would be ridiculous, especially due to the fact that carrying 3 swords, 2 daggers, and a shield would be incredibly heavy for someone in real life. Im looking for exactly what you stated, 2h on the back, while a bow is out, or 1h on side, while bow is out. Thanks.

Hey guys, I was just seeing if anyone ever reached a conclusion with this mod. I stumbled upon this while looking for the exact same thing. As you said, MarkInMKUK, too much would be ridiculous, especially due to the fact that carrying 3 swords, 2 daggers, and a shield would be incredibly heavy for someone in real life.

You mean like this?!?!

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/27197-1-1255748095.jpg

or maybe this:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/31795-4-1274321076.jpg

That's right, that's 10 weapons visible there, and one unseen one! (1 [huge]two hander, 2 long swords, 2 short swords [+1 unseen one], and 5 daggers). That's my character btw too. And yes, that's the way I play. I like to carry all my favorite weapons. :tongue:

Im looking for exactly what you stated, 2h on the back, while a bow is out, or 1h on side, while bow is out. Thanks.

What you'd have to do is what MarkinMKUK has already stated. You have to rig the meshes to something you wear, like armor. In the above example, I also have an "amulet" for the belt that has the daggers and one short sword on the back. You can wear it with anything you wanted to. It's available for download now called Weapon Tool Belts.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

Hey guys, I was just seeing if anyone ever reached a conclusion with this mod. I stumbled upon this while looking for the exact same thing. As you said, MarkInMKUK, too much would be ridiculous, especially due to the fact that carrying 3 swords, 2 daggers, and a shield would be incredibly heavy for someone in real life.

You mean like this?!?!

or maybe this:

That's right, that's 10 weapons visible there, and one unseen one! (1 [huge]two hander, 2 long swords, 2 short swords [+1 unseen one], and 5 daggers). That's my character btw too. And yes, that's the way I play. I like to carry all my favorite weapons. :tongue:

Im looking for exactly what you stated, 2h on the back, while a bow is out, or 1h on side, while bow is out. Thanks.

What you'd have to do is what MarkinMKUK has already stated. You have to rig the meshes to something you wear, like armor. In the above example, I also have an "amulet" for the belt that has the daggers and one short sword on the back. You can wear it with anything you wanted to. It's available for download now called Weapon Tool Belts.

YES! Thats perfect..A thousand thanks, man. BTW...Your character is a key example of why I wish this game as an MMO...I constantly look for characters like your own, just to fight them to the death lol. Whatever helmet you have, is pretty beast...I try to stay within a warrior/warlock kind of range, so Its rare that I see a bright/gold armor that looks interest. The harness is awesome too. Thanks for the help man.

YES! Thats perfect..A thousand thanks, man. BTW...Your character is a key example of why I wish this game as an MMO...I constantly look for characters like your own, just to fight them to the death lol. Whatever helmet you have, is pretty beast...I try to stay within a warrior/warlock kind of range, so Its rare that I see a bright/gold armor that looks interest. The harness is awesome too. Thanks for the help man.

Actually, that helmet is one of my mods that you can download too. Check my signature for the mod's link.

You mean like this?!?!

or maybe this:

Awesome, I will definitely check it out. I was thinking about making a paladin character, and that would be magnifico.