Where do I install Oblivion

frakle

I've heard people say not to install Oblivion in the regular Program files or it will mess up mods. So I am going to do that but I don't know where to install it at. I'm running Windows 7, if any other information is needed I will try to provide it.

Mods are designed to run in whatever folder you put the Oblivion files in, as long as they go into the Data folder for Oblivion I bleieve.

No, I know where mods are supposed to go, but UAC on Vista and 7 messes around with certain mods. What I need to know is where to install the game outside of the "territory" of UAC

Additional stages for those who are not as computer savvy as I originally thought.

Assuming Windows 7 (Vista is similar)

(1) Right-click the start button/flag, and select "Open Windows Explorer". A window will open labelled Libraries.

(2) In the left-hand coloumn of the window, scroll up and down until you see Computer. Left click it.

(3) In the right-hand window you should now see one item marked Local Drive (C:) (the C: is the important bit here). Right click it, select "Open"

(4) At the top of the window, there should be an entry marked "New Folder". Left click it.

(5) Type the name of the new folder you want to create - I suggest "Games"

(6) If you have a Steam version, I suggest using the same process to make a folder inside the Games folder called "Steam"

(7) When installing Oblivion, with Discs install to C:\Games\Oblivion, with Steam install to C:\Games\Steam\Oblivion

Simples, yes?