Missing walls, gates, treasure boxes from armor mods, Midas Shop &

kayinv

I guess I have a variety of issues, but it seems to be getting worse. I'm pretty sure the main culprit is Better Cities and uninstalling Better Cities.

Main problem is that my towns are just messed up. Not to the point that I can't run around in them, but it's weird things. Here's my current list:

1) Primary issue is chests containing armors absolutely refuse to show up in small cities outside IC. Can't get any of the popular armor mods that are deposited in chests at Anvil and other such cities. In order to get anything I have to manually add them to my inventory via console commands (which at least tells me the armor mod is working).

2) You know the Dark Brotherhood quest where you

slice a guy to make him look like he's dead? Ya...I can't get into the church to revive him because the DOOR IS WALLED UP

3) Cities gates are messed up upon entering. I have open cities so I can jump in for anything but IC. But still, the gates get messed up if I use them sometimes. Sorta like I enter the city of a city...that has no people in it. It's very weird.

4) Midas Shop is gone, non-existent. Doesn't matter how many times I reinstall it. One character that bought all the spells before this mess happened is fine and can use the spells. But all my new characters can't get to the shop to buy anything, and NPCs talk about Midas like he's there...but he isn't. There's no shop period.

5) I can't close Oblivion portals mostly because I can't navigate towers anymore without getting very irritating video issues. I'll move around and then the whole screen just blurs out. And I don't mean it just gets blurry, I'm talking about full on lines of blur where I can't distinguish anything. Sometimes I'll move into a good spot and it will be normal, then it blurs out again making moving around near impossible.

Honestly, it sounds like a good cleaning needs to be done and a complete reinstall - but I'm trying to save that for when I get my new computer in the next month or so. I really don't feel like reinstalling a crap ton of mods twice. I don't know if reinstalling Better Cities will help or make it worse. Suggestions?

You probably already tried loading an old save from before you installed BC (obviously with BC.esp deactivated). Just to check that it is at least one of the mods in conflict.

Second thing... do you remember when did this mess start? What mod/s did you install recently at that time?

I doubt that was too helpful.... I assume you use BOSS. If not, install it.

Finally, I suggest posting your load order list as hidden spoiler. It will help others give you a hand with your problem.