Data Files Menu clean up

Aluviel

Good Morning,

I have a question about cleaning up the Data Files Directory that is located right under "Play" in the main menu.

I have a lot of unused mods in there such as castles, skins, things that didn't work etc.

the data files directory is getting kind of full. its at 17 mods now. I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of a mod without having to manually go into the data files folder and start messing with the stuff in there. ( like textures, meshes etc)

I suppose I could just find the individual esps and delete those, it wouldn't really clean up the game in general.

Many Thank yous in advance

Luvi

Luvi - that's what programs such as OBMM or Wrye Bash are for. Sadly, they only work if you installed the mods using them.

Suggestion: Download OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager. Then, taking each mod in turn, convert it to an OMOD file using OBMM (you DID save the downloads, I hope?), install the OMOD file (ignore the complaint about it replacing existing files - that's the whiole point), then UN-install it and it should automatically clear up the bits of the old mod.

Then use OBMM from now on to install mods.

Luvi - that's what programs such as OBMM or Wrye Bash are for. Sadly, they only work if you installed the mods using them.

Suggestion: Download OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager. Then, taking each mod in turn, convert it to an OMOD file using OBMM (you DID save the downloads, I hope?), install the OMOD file (ignore the complaint about it replacing existing files - that's the whiole point), then UN-install it and it should automatically clear up the bits of the old mod.

Then use OBMM from now on to install mods.

Yes thats a good idea.. I need to do that to get the Mod Better cities to work. It was no problem in Morrowind and for some reason its major missing textures for the person who created it for oblivion.

Thank you for the reply^^

Ok well I dled OBMM and it tells me I am a limited user. I do not remember OBMM looking like this at all. (Just a box with the data files checked)

Im sorry some Mods are just not worth the TIME and Headache. I could be moving on to other bigger and better things in Oblivion than fight with it.