Robots and Droids

Thunderwulf32

Hello everyone! I know there is no droids in Oblivion because it's medieval right? Why not add some robot NPC'S to the game such as enemies, town folk, and fighting partners?

Also, have some people volunteer to do voice overs? Add a side story like an alien race landed on Tamriel to learn about it's people and you go on some quests to learn about the alien race and eventually discover they're another race of advanced Dwarves? They ended up staying and learning the ways of the Dwemers through their historical records,local folk tales, and wearing the Dwemers outfits because the "alien dwarf race" were fugitives on the run from some other race? These "alien dwarves" brought their humanoid Androids and Golem Mining droids along with them?

An idea, just think about it.

Update: Crap! The Obi Wan quote, I mean, "these aren't the droids you're looking for."

Not "These are."

Edited by Thunderwulf32

I could be wrong, but this sounds pretty related to the universe Sahardoom was creating in his CORE series of mods. I still wait for CORE0 to come out and then CORE2, after playing through CORE1 and loving it. But I'm not sure Sahardoom's still around even.

I could be wrong, but this sounds pretty related to the universe Sahardoom was creating in his CORE series of mods. I still wait for CORE0 to come out and then CORE2, after playing through CORE1 and loving it. But I'm not sure Sahardoom's still around even.

What is CORE?

Also, if he isn't around anymore we can take up where he left off.

For cool-looking robots - try THIS - from British TV SF series Doctor Who. Very Art Deco looking. Edited by MarkInMKUK

Sadly, it's not a mod - they're just cool looking robots and would make a great robot race. They came in a range of colours to designate status, and there was a total nutter at the top of the chain who believed himeself to be part robot and was using them as his troops. However, I'm sure a competent 3D modeller could turn out a beautiful design based on them. Edited by MarkInMKUK

Havnt I heard or seen someplace that there is steampunk / dwemer inspired or created mods either being created or already made?

I seen screenshots of Clockwork robots done. VERY unsure about high tech/Fallout 3 based designs though here is an X-Wing mod plus that STARFLEET Spaceship VERy well made mod out.

Dwemer - Midget, bearded elves that where into the Sciencey magical clockwork aspect of things and where largely present in Morrowind, Skyrim and Hammerfell/Daggerfall?

Thats what I have read.

Edited by DrakenGuard